Just realized I never introduced myself

Options
MJDuley
MJDuley Posts: 47 Member
I joined back in May but have been really lax about getting going. Maybe if I start posting and have some accountability to other members, I'll be more motivated!

I'll be 41 this month and have struggled with my weight since my early 30's. Prior to that I had the opposite problem: I couldn't gain weight to save my life! I even had a nurse chew me out when I was pregnant with my first child because I couldn't put on any weight. She accused me of trying to keep my "girlish figure", lol. I swear, those were her exact words!

I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism, but I was tested a few years ago and my thyroid was fine, so I don't think I can blame my weight gain on that, not by much anyway.

I've just started recording my eating habits on here and boy, what an eye-opener! I had a snack of cashews today and had no idea how many calories I'd eaten until I logged it. No more sitting at the computer with a container of food!

Tomorrow I intend to start jogging with my daughter. I know I'll have to start off slow and it will probably be more walking for me than anything else, but you have to start somewhere, right?

I'm hoping to make friends on here and get encouragement, tips and advice, etc. I need someone to hold me accountable! I just had a baby in January and I want to make sure I'm around and healthy for her for a long time.

Replies

• sarily44
    sarily44 Posts: 25
    Options
    I just started and I know what you mean about the shock of reality when you see how many calories some things can cost you. Good luck with jogging. Today I walked for a long time (I'm a nature person and have to walk along a stream at least once a week :)) and was surprised to see that calories were added to my total -- but I tried to stay at 1200 anyway.
  • Snowwy11
    Snowwy11 Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome!! I restarted in May but recently started posting and adding friends. Good luck on your get fit journey!! Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • jlynneh91
    jlynneh91 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi! Sent you a request. I agree that posting some and adding friends to motivate you is really helpful & gets you back on track when you're down. :) Welcome!
  • MJDuley
    MJDuley Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's good to be here!