Your best inspirational phrases,

Options
This might be rather long so if you just want to quick post what inspires you I will appreciate that, because it will probably be something I like. But, this isn't about me. So, here goes.

My youngest daughter got into a big fight with one of her sisters. What she told me her sister said is well very abusive and I don't blame her for moving out (it will be on the 10 or 11th this month), she put in a transfer and got it so no worries about having to look for a job. But, she feels she is taking a huge step backwards. I think that she is actually taking a step forward even though moving in with parents. I understand why she feels that way. But, I think it's a step forward. I wouldn't want her accepting an abusive situation.

The other issue is that she feels that she is obese. That isn't even true by the numbers (close but no) and is definitely not true by BF%. Which is a high normal of 29% give or take a percent. She is active, but doesn't eat very healthy. She is also an emotional eater, so she is in a precarious situation as far as her weight goes, she is on the edge of becoming an unhealthy weight even taking into consideration her frame size and amount of lean weight. So naturally I don't want to see that spiral out of control.

She is planning on going to the gym while she lives with us and taking me with her. She will probably be a bit influenced by what I eat so no worries on that front. I don't get tempted by her food so I am not worried about what she will bring into the house. I try eating vegan as possible and she is an omnivore that doesn't eat a lot of meat.

I do think things will work out and she will get back into school sooner rather than later. But, right now things are rocky and I know that when you are an emotional wreck things can go from a point of return to a point of no return so to speak in a hurry.

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Do or Do Not. There is no Try.
    -Yoda
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I like that one. I have to count my o's now.
  • sharan_v_garry
    sharan_v_garry Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have started eating more. for a month my calories were between 1100 to 12000 per day. For the last few days I have average 1400 to 1500 calories I need to get motivated to exercise more. before my weight lost comes to a end.:sad:

Need an encouraging word.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    “Integrity is keeping a commitment even after circumstances have changed.”
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    “The last of the human freedoms is to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances.” ~Victor E. Frankl

“Little by little does the trick.” ~Aesop

“Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    LOL I just posted this on my page a couple hours ago!

My dad has always quoted this, my whole life. He even has it posted in his lab at work.

It's ten 2-letter words that make up an incredibly inspirational sentence:

IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    "You never know how strong you are until strong is the only choice you have." -unknown

"Do the crazy thing, the hard-to-imagine-but-somehow-you-did thing, the brings you-to-your knees thing, the no-one-would-ever-do-it-that-way thing, the safe-net-would-not-even-matter thing, the it-could-kill-you-but-not-trying-is-another-kind-of-death thing, the thing on your heart. Do it, and let them gasp right before they call it a thing of wonder." -Ciona Rouse

... and one for laughs :D

"Dear extra fat in my body. You have 2 options: Make your way to my boobs or gtfo."
  • mrsgollihue
    mrsgollihue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My husband and I were having a rough time financially living on our own, so we moved back in with his mother. I understand the dilemma that your daughter faces and the fact that she feels as if she is taking a step back. However, at the same time, I know that things have brightened up a little for us by just accepting the situation and realizing that the future holds something much better. Here are some quotes that have gotten me through, that hopefully your daughter will find helpful!

"We must be willing to let go of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell

“There's always going to be bad stuff out there. But here's the amazing thing -- light trumps darkness, every time. You stick a candle into the dark, but you can't stick the dark into the light.” - Jodi Picoult

“Accept - then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.” ― Eckhart Tolle

“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” - Mark Victor Hansen
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    "It's never too late to become what you might have been..."
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. This kept me from using "gitter done". I don't think she would appreciate that. But, it's one of my favs.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    LOL I just posted this on my page a couple hours ago!

My dad has always quoted this, my whole life. He even has it posted in his lab at work.

It's ten 2-letter words that make up an incredibly inspirational sentence:

IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

I love this!
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    "It's never too late to become what you might have been..."

I like it
  • samcorvus
    samcorvus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Keep Calm and Semper Fi!
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    “Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.”
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    "If you think you can, or can't. Then it is probably true."
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Love the life you live and live the life you love! - this one always makes me smile.