Help in my diet plan

Options

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I don't think this is a troll...I think this is someone a bit naive. Not a bad thing...we all start somewhere. I hope she changes her goal to something healthier. OP...who cares how your cousins look...you be you, not them. Smart and confident is sexier than skinny any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Eat healthy, live smart..and you will have the last laugh. Trust me.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Cut back on exercise and eat more. I'm betting you could eat more than 5 almonds!!
  • Diptiish
    Diptiish Posts: 61
    Options
    I don't think this is a troll...I think this is someone a bit naive. Not a bad thing...we all start somewhere. I hope she changes her goal to something healthier. OP...who cares how your cousins look...you be you, not them. Smart and confident is sexier than skinny any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Eat healthy, live smart..and you will have the last laugh. Trust me.

Thank you! Thats inspiring. But whatever i ate today was too much for me. I mean, i feel really very full. What do i do about that, ? :/
  • SCC86
    SCC86 Posts: 5
    Options
    I agree with some of the other posts here. It is much more attractive to be smart, confidant, and healthy. If you have a goal of losing 5-8kg, take the time to do it properly. Wherever you are along the road to your goal on the day of the wedding, it will look better than being at the goal, but not healthy.
  • Diptiish
    Options
    I agree with some of the other posts here. It is much more attractive to be smart, confidant, and healthy. If you have a goal of losing 5-8kg, take the time to do it properly. Wherever you are along the road to your goal on the day of the wedding, it will look better than being at the goal, but not healthy.

But is it possible to lose 3kg in a month?
  • SCC86
    SCC86 Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes, it is possible to lose between 8 and 10 lbs a month in a healthy way, for some people. It depends on body composition. If you have a low amount of body fat already, it will be more difficult to lose larger amounts of weight. If you stick to your nutrition plan, and make sure you are eating enough to fuel your body, 3kg would be attainable and sustainable. If you do not fuel your body properly, you might lose the 3kg, but in an unhealthy way.
    It would be more attractive to everyone around you to lose it in a healthy way, even if you do not lose as much.
  • Diptiish
    Options
    Point to be noted. Thanks! :)
  • Colliey
    Colliey Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I agree with all the above, exercise less, eat more. I do understand about the goal of the Wedding, been there, experienced that. You feel fantastic on the day, but after the wedding you hit rock bottom. So maybe break up your goal into several little goals and a few goals for after the wedding and then reassess.

It sounds very "fixated", so it's not just your body to need to be careful of but your mind. If you don't feel good on the inside, nothing on the outside will make up for it. Feeling full on such little food, I don't doubt you, but again, it might be your strong desire to slim down . . . perhaps

PS: Your Inspirations wrote: People who calls me fat all the time

I am flabbergasted that in today's age people call each other fat! Blood boiling. . . . . . .

Friend me if you like.
  • Diptiish
    Options

I agree with all the above, exercise less, eat more. I do understand about the goal of the Wedding, been there, experienced that. You feel fantastic on the day, but after the wedding you hit rock bottom. So maybe break up your goal into several little goals and a few goals for after the wedding and then reassess.

It sounds very "fixated", so it's not just your body to need to be careful of but your mind. If you don't feel good on the inside, nothing on the outside will make up for it. Feeling full on such little food, I don't doubt you, but again, it might be your strong desire to slim down . . . perhaps

PS: Your Inspirations wrote: People who calls me fat all the time

I am flabbergasted that in today's age people call each other fat! Blood boiling. . . . . . .

Friend me if you like.

Thank you.

Eating more, that's what i have been doing since i woke up, ate breakfast and lunch already. Trying to eat a good number of calories, so even i could reach 1200-1300 per day, atleast.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    exercising will always build some level of muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat. So, your dancing, etc. will lead to weight gain.

just no! and stop spamming with crap advertising!
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    My inclination is to say you're a bit low on calories, I think your breakfast looked very good from a caloric standpoint... but that was predominately the calories you got over the whole day. Then on top of that you exercised quite a bit.

So lets talk some numbers so you can see what I'm seeing:

You're 58kg (127lb), 157cm (5'2"), Female, and 21 years old.

Your BMR should be around 1294 if you were laying in a coma on a hospital bed... that would maintain your weight.

I ran your numbers through a quick exercise calculator to see what they looked like and here is what I got:

30m (dancing, slow) - 87
    30m (treadmill, 12m/mi) - 231
    30m (kickboxing) - 115
    xxxm (various situps, biccycle, shake, sway, whatever) - 72
    30m (walking, moderate) - 115
    Total calories burned: 620 (these numbers do not assume high exertion)

So we take your BMR and add your calories burned and we get: 1294+620=1914 required to maintain your existing weight. So today you had a deficit of 1214-1264 with an intake of 650-700 calories... that is... really... really low with 2.5h of exercise. Actually it's just really low. Most doctors won't recommend you take in less than 1100 calories a day regardless of how big you are. At the deficit you're at you'll lose about a lb every 3 days give or take... but a fair portion of that is going to be muscle loss because your protein is so low and your deficit is so high.

In my opinion, this isn't sustainable and isn't healthy.

Firing your numbers through a simple calculator i wrote comes up with these numbers (these do not account for exercise beyond what is in the tdee calculation)... (at the low end of your range, -5kg):

Basal Metabolic Rate: 1460.35 (male) 1299.35 (female)
    Sedentary Rate: 1752.42 (male) 1553.22 (female)
    Light Activity Rate: 2000.67 (male) 1773.25 (female)
    Moderate Activity Rate: 2263.54 (male) 2006.24 (female)
    Very Active Rate: 2511.80 (male) 2226.28 (female)
    Extremely Active Rate: 2774.66 (male) 2459.26 (female)

You wish to Lose: 11 Lbs, this is equal to 38500 Calories.

To meet your current goal of losing 11 lbs in 38 days you would need to consume:
    At Basal Metabolic Rate: 447 (male) 281 (female)
    At Sedentary Rate: 739 (male) 540 (female)
    At Light Activity Rate: 988 (male) 760 (female)
    At Moderate Activity Rate: 1250 (male) 993 (female)
    At Very Active Rate: 1499 (male) 1213 (female)
    At Extremely Active Rate: 1762 (male) 1446 (female)

at the high end (8kg):

Basal Metabolic Rate: 1460.35 (male) 1299.35 (female)
    Sedentary Rate: 1752.42 (male) 1553.22 (female)
    Light Activity Rate: 2000.67 (male) 1773.25 (female)
    Moderate Activity Rate: 2263.54 (male) 2006.24 (female)
    Very Active Rate: 2511.80 (male) 2226.28 (female)
    Extremely Active Rate: 2774.66 (male) 2459.26 (female)

You wish to Lose: 17 Lbs, this is equal to 59500 Calories.

The current goal of 38 days to lose 17 lbs is not achievable even through complete starvation at BMR.

As for how you can get more calories, eat higher calorie dense food. Rather than eating 2 egg whites, eat 2 eggs, add cheese. Rather than eating cucumbers on bread, eat cucumbers on bread with butter, drink a smoothie or protein shake... etc. Whole milk instead of skim, etc.

Lastly, your current BMI is 23...
    Based on the Robinson formula (1983), your ideal weight is 52.4 kgs
    Based on the Miller formula (1983), your ideal weight is 55.8 kgs
    Based on the Devine formula (1974), your ideal weight is 50.1 kgs
    Based on the Hamwi formula (1964), your ideal weight is 49.9 kgs
    Based on the healthy BMI recommendation, your recommended weight is 45.9 kgs - 62.0 kgs

You're not fat and you're not overweight. Do this RIGHT, rather than trying to do it fast. If you're in the hospital and sick you are not going to achieve any health goal.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    just no! and stop spamming with crap advertising!

Click the report post button under their post, it has a spam/advertising section and it is against the site rules. They'll get canned.
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Thank you! Thats inspiring. But whatever i ate today was too much for me. I mean, i feel really very full. What do i do about that, ? :/

Ditch the bread, eat vegetation.
  • Diptiish
    Options
    Thnk you all of you....
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    u got to much exercising going on and u aren't eating enough

I really dont feell hungry, what to do :(

Eat calorie dense foots then. Nuts and nut butters,cheese, whole milk, use oil in sautéing, etc.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Why just egg whites? What's wrong with egg yolks?
  • Diptiish
    Options
    Why just egg whites? What's wrong with egg yolks?

Coz i thought it would be too much to eat for me. One whole egg is enough for me. So i just had 2 egg whites. But maybe tomorrow i'll just try two eggs with the yolks, :)
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    A couple of simple switchups for you to try:

-Switch the egg whites for whole eggs
    -drink sips of water through your workout, and hydrate after so you're less bloated and able to eat more
    -after a workout, try the almonds with a piece of fruit or a small yogurt
    -exercise less. You worked out for over 2 hours, no wonder you weren't at your best. Aim for 1 hour a day. That's plenty enough unless you're training for an event.
    -instead of three slices of bread with cucumber for dinner, aim for 1/3 each protein, carbs, and veggies. Cook the veggies if you're having a hard time with digesting them raw. This could look like 1/2 cup of rice (preferably brown), a small chicken breast/ a veggie burger/ 1/2 cup black beans, and some cooked or raw veggies. It won't be a ton of food, but will be easier to get down than 3 slices of toast.
  • Diptiish
    Options

-drink sips of water through your workout, and hydrate after so you're less bloated and able to eat more
    -exercise less. You worked out for over 2 hours, no wonder you weren't at your best. Aim for 1 hour a day. That's plenty enough unless you're training for an event.
    -instead of three slices of bread with cucumber for dinner, aim for 1/3 each protein, carbs, and veggies. Cook the veggies if you're having a hard time with digesting them raw. This could look like 1/2 cup of rice (preferably brown), a small chicken breast/ a veggie burger/ 1/2 cup black beans, and some cooked or raw veggies. It won't be a ton of food, but will be easier to get down than 3 slices of toast.

Thanks a ton. :)
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Thanks a ton. :)

Anytime - you can friend me if you like. I'm vegetarian and currently on 1200 cals +whatever I earn from working out :)