Gooooaaallllll!!!!

Options
kokomo61
kokomo61 Posts: 16 Member
Back in November, 2012, I weighed 250.5 lbs, and knew that I had to change. I used a combination of tools - MFP to track food/calories/nutrition, Fitbit to track weight and steps, and Digifit to track exercise. I let the technology make it easier to edit / post the data, but my work paid off.

11/14/12 - 250.5 lbs.
7/4/2013 - 174.7 lbs.

Total loss of over 75 lbs - I'm showing a small bounce this AM (probably because of water, but we'll see how it evens out over the next day or so).

9236951526_e734e17be0.jpg

The shirt I'm wearing in the first pic is a TIGHT XL. Next 2 pics are XL's, yellow shirt is a Large, Orange is a Medium. Shorts get smaller along the way, too.

Suits went from a tight 50 to a 42R - in some suits I'm now a 40R. I had to buy a whole new set of suits.....but I'm not complaining. Goodwill got a great business wardrobe, and I got all new suits out of the deal.

Replies

• hhwnow
    hhwnow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!
  • angieshubin
    angieshubin Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You look fantastic!
  • katg73
    katg73 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome success! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the fruits of your labor :happy:
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your hard work and dedication to your goal have paid off. Kudos!
  • kokomo61
    Options
    Also....in November, I was walking 30 minutes a day as my exercise....and would jog about 60 yards at at time. Over time, I upped my exercise, and now I'm riding as far as 50-60 miles on the weekends, and running up to 8. (Weekdays are limited to about an hour, because I have actual work to do, too). I've done a good job of staying injury free, and at age 52, I'm doing pretty darn well.
  • dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! Love the way you posted the picture of your progress along the way. It really puts things in perspective.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You look great and so much fitter!
  • FrankieTrailBlazer
    FrankieTrailBlazer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Woohoo congratulations!:drinker: :happy:
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look great!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you look amazing - thank you so much for posting. I am also 52 and looking forward to decreasing the sizes of my shirts
  • gash200
    gash200 Posts: 32
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Great work! Technology has been a great tool in weight loss :D
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you look so fit and trim, the comparison photos are great to see the difference. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Well done - just shows "age" is no barrier if you are determined :smile:
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!
  • kokomo61
    Options
    you look amazing - thank you so much for posting. I am also 52 and looking forward to decreasing the sizes of my shirts

Thanks - In the words of Covert Bailey, I 'started so slow, that people made fun of me.' It's small steps, over time. I weighed myself every day
    not because I was interested in the daily weight, but by getting lots of data, I could see the trend, and if I was dehydrated, or 'over-carbed'.

It's not your location, it's your direction. Point yourself in the right direction, and you can get anywhere you want to go.
  • jammie_dodger
    Options
    Amazing! Well done. You should be so proud!
  • anniegail1961
    Options
    Hi There: Congratulations on all your success!!
    You look wonderful!!
    Enjoy your new life!!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Thanks - In the words of Covert Bailey, I 'started so slow, that people made fun of me.' It's small steps, over time. I weighed myself every day
    not because I was interested in the daily weight, but by getting lots of data, I could see the trend, and if I was dehydrated, or 'over-carbed'.

It's not your location, it's your direction. Point yourself in the right direction, and you can get anywhere you want to go.
    LOL i weigh myself every day too. but I only log the "good" results:laugh:
  • roslynds9
    roslynds9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, you look amazing! =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!