Running Playlist

Options
Sweettart
Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
I need to update my ipod for running and I'm just wondering what songs get you going?

Replies

• ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    Lady Gaga!!!!!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Faith No More
  • Skinman
    Skinman Posts: 24
    Options
    Bassment Jaxx
  • Crystleen
    Crystleen Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to Top 40 music often, but my work-outs consist of:

"Me First & the Gimme Gimmies" They play cover songs, like "Over the Rainbow", "Rocketman", and "Desperado" But in faster Punk Rock Versions", I find myself singing along in my head alot! LOL

Also, "The Hives"and "White Stripes"

If I'm in the mood for Rap/Pop Music I listen too "Chali 2na" and "Missy Elliot"..

If I'm in a Heavy Metal, want get aggressive, workout mood, I listen too "-(16)- 'Bridges to Burn' CD" , "Everytime I Die", and "Marilyn Manson"

Cool down Music I listen to "Frank Sinatra", "Jason Mraz", "Kansas", the "The Black Crows"
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    For me, the harder the music, the more pumped up I get so I really love these:

JET
    3 Days Grace
    Linkin Park
    White Stripes
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Incubus

Sometimes I really dig a good beat and peppy music too so I listen to:

Britney Spears
    Christina Aguilera
    Lady Gaga
    Missy Elliot

Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • pamalina
    Options
    if you have an ipod, there are some great upbeat podcasts you can subscribe to.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6 of C25K so I run in bursts of 5 min, walk 3, run 8 min, walk 3. run 5... Anyway, I'm not running 30 minutes non-stop, but to keep me going and distract me from my burning legs, my playlist looks a little like this:

Eminem ft Rihanna - Love the Way You Lie
    Kardinal ft Akon - Body Bounce
    Flo rida - Club Can't Handle Me
    Sophia Fresh - This Instant
    Jason Derulo - Whatcha Say
    Jason Derulo - Ridin' Solo
    LMFAO - Shots
    Soldier Boy ft Travis Barker - Crank That

I obviously enjoy the poppy, up-beat songs while working out. I don't really go for depth or meaningfulness for my work out music.
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Eminem -- Lose Yourself
    Megadeth -- Crush Em
    Kanye -- Run this Town
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    bump (updating my music tonight!)
  • yummygoods
    yummygoods Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Crystleen, thanks for mentioning Me First and The Gimme gimmes! I am a cover hound and have never heard of them!

Sweettart, You might like some of the songs on this other music thread :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/115315-post-your-playlist

Here is what I posted over there:

I recently made a Very Silly Playlist. Don't know why, but something about old school guilty pleasure songs make running a pleasure! Not that these are *all* tongue in cheek, but about half are!

Oh L'amour - Erasure (this song just makes me all happy inside. I love starting the run with it)

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (yes, old school, not Glee. i do love Glee, though)

Things We Do For Love - TenCC cover by Lazlo Bane ( I need to do a whole playlist of covers, I love them so much)

Melt With You - Modern English

West End Girls - Pet Shop Boys

Brass In Pocket - The Pretenders ( "Gonna use my arms, gonna use my legs, gonna use my sidestep")

Somebody to Love - Queen (so many songs by Queen would be great to run to)

It's The End of The World As We Know It - REM

Do Ya Think I'm Sexy - Rod Stewart

I want Your Hands On Me - Sinead O'Connor

Take A Chance On Me - Abba

Rapper's Delight - Sugarhill Gang (surprisingly awesome for running!)

Take The Long Way Home - Supertramp

Avalon - Roxy Music (nice for cooldown)

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley (also nice for cooldown)

(and this is another playlist:)

Let's Get It Started - Black Eyed Peas (I'm such a geek, I love to have a song that starts it off right)

Mercy - Duffy (makes me want to dance and wear fifties-style makeup)

Girls Just Want To Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper ( what can I say? I'm an eighties lover)

Fergalicious - Fergie ( "I be up in the gym just workin on my fitness")

intuition - jewel ( a very non-jewel-like song, dancy and great for running "follow your heart, your intuition, it will lead you in the right direction")

Beautiful Day - U2 (this song just makes me happy to be alive and healthy and have legs to run with)

Blister In The Sun - Violent Femmes

Music - Madonna

The Tide Is High - Blondie (one of my favorite songs, ever. just puts a smile on my face)

Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa - Vampire Weekend (Love this band. Plus I live on Cape Cod)

Movin' Right Along - Kermit The Frog & Fozzie Bear (so awesome during the last mile! "opportunity knocks once so reach out and grab it, yeah!")

Working My Way Back To You - The Spinners ( don't really know why, I have just always loved this song. on the playlist, i like to think of it as workin my way back to myself: "workin my way back to you, babe, with a burnin love inside")

I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow - The Soggy Bottom Boys (from the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack. Makes me think of George Clooney and how can that not put a spring in my step?)

Girlfriend In A Coma - The Smiths

I Was Made For You - She & Him ( All of She and Him Volume 1 is awesome for a power walk)

Walk This Way - RUN-D.M.C. Featuring Aerosmith

Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen (I used to say "there is nothing worse than bruce springsteen" and then I fell in love with my honey and the Boss is his fave. I kept an open mind and now I love Bruce! Amazing in concert. "tramps like us, baby we born to ruuuuun")

All That Jazz - Catherine Zeta-Jones and Cast (From the movie version of Chicago, which I love)

A Little Respect - Erasure (you can't go wrong with Erasure or Pet Shop Boys, in my opinion)

You Make My Dreams Come True - Hall & Oates (I like to imagine I am bursting out with this singing and dancing like the scene in 500 Days of Summer)

Be OK - Ingrid Michaelson ("I just wanna be ok, be ok, be ok. I just wanna be ok today" and that is why I work out!)

Sorry that was so long!
    melissa
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Just about anything by Atreyu.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop is Dead - Nas
    Time is Running Out - Muse
    I'm Not Okay - My Chemical Romance
    According to You -Orianthi
    Armada Latina - Cypress Hill
    Black Cat - Janet Jackson
    Anything by Jay Z, Ludacris, and Linkin Park.
    GONNA FLY NOW
    KEEPS GETTIN' BETTER
    TIK TOK
    MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU

From some suggestions on mfp I added a few songs to my jogging playlist:
    Beat It by Fall Out Boy
    How far We've Come by Matchbox Twenty
    Alive by POD
    'Cuz I Can by Pink
    I Need to Know by Marc Anthony
    Lose My Breath by Destiny's Child

BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY (WORKOUT REMIX)
    BE GOOD TO ME
    BOOM BOOM POW
  • edorice
    Options
    nudge
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    all my stuff is the old 80's hair bands, ie: poison, quiet riot, def leppard, motley crue, cinderella. I love it!!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I have a huge playlist for my long runs so I'll just do the first 20 although I usually shuffle :wink: Most of it is hip hop.

tic tic toc Busy Signal (super hottie BTW :laugh: )
    Don't lose your head too short
    F*k You Lilly Allen
    chillin Wale (ft. lady gaga)
    love the way you lie Eminem
    empire sate of mind Jay Z
    hell yeah dead prez
    sex on fire KOL
    my chick bad Luda
    young forever jay z
    it's bigger than hip hop dead prez
    simple man Grouch
    heartless Kanye
    silly puddy Grouch
    the bay to LA grouch
    hip hop is dead NAS
    hmmm hmmm Beenie man
    diva Beyonce
    khaki suit Bounty Killer
    just dance Lady Gaga
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop is Dead - Nas

me too! Good choice in music :wink:
  • edorice
    Options
    nudge
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    This is my "Girl Power" running list:

I Want To Come Over - Melissa Etheridge
    Fifteen Pounds (Away From Your Love) - Stephanie J. Block
    Message To Myself - Melissa Etheridge
    Born To Fly - Sara Evans
    Come To My Window - Melissa Etheridge
    Dive In - Jennifer Knapp
    If I Wanted To - Melissa Etheridge
    Notes To The Coroner - Chely Wright
    I Run For Life - Melissa Etheridge
    Learning To Live - Beth Hart

I need to start putting it on shuffle though because in just a couple of weeks I've learned the order and I know it's mental, but I get tired at about the end of "Come To My Window". I say I know it's mental because yesterday I left my iPod on my "faves" list which is largely showtunes and I didn't really get tired at all. And that's from Saturday to Monday. I highly that a day of mostly rest on Sunday did THAT much that I'd make it over 25 minutes before needing to slow to a fast walk Monday as opposed to about 10 minutes in on Saturday.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    oh bumpity bump! I'm always looking for new stuff, because when I have a new playlist I am so excited to get going....thanks everybody, I'll be on limewire for awhile :laugh:

A song that always gets me revved up is "Let Me Think About It" by Ida Corr. Great beat!

Gaga is great too!

A song that puts me in a trance and I can run forever: Trans-Europe Express by Kraftwerk. I love these crazy Germans, and their music is my favorite thing to listen to....they are the fathers of electronic music and you catch samples of their music everywhere!