Breakup?

Options
12346»

Replies

• xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    He started cheating on me a week after we started dating. and stopped talking to me at that time.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    He started cheating on me a week after we started dating. and stopped talking to me at that time.

luckily it was only a week, not after seven yrs!
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options

I didn't find out until 5 months after we broke up, and 7 months after the fact. :huh:
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Nothing dramatic. We just grew apart.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

I didn't find out until 5 months after we broke up, and 7 months after the fact. :huh:

oh no! I understood you realized right away. I'm sorry that happened, stupid guy :( But he is the one missing out.
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Mine was mostly because of geographical distance. We live in separate states. That and we wanted different things out of the relationship. He wanted to get married, the sooner the better and I was the one putting the brakes on that idea. He's also very complicated. Maybe one day I'll find a man less complicated, doesn't sound promising though but that's ok, I'm happy being single just as much as when I'm in a relationship.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    We moved in wayyy too soon and he decided he would rather be alone because he enjoys that.

I'm glad it happened that way, otherwise I wouldn't have come back home and met a really nice Canadian that I'm really enjoying my time with, even if we are 2,000 miles apart.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    One was too overweight.... I didn't realize it bothered me enough until a couple months in. I broke it off!

Another was downright mental. Stole from me, fought with me on purpose (not physically, just emotionally), kept making ultimatums about my smoking even though he was fine with it when we started PLUS he smoked pot, and the cherry on top was the requests for gay stuff I found on myspace.com. Yikes!

The third one was a great person, but as it was a LDR we couldn't sustain it and I was too needy which stressed him out with school so he ended up and never talked to me again.

Then I met my husband! No problems at all, going on four years. :happy: I was able to easily quit smoking 3 years ago, lose weight, start and soon to finish my Bachelors, become successful, and happy while being with him.
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    We rushed things and I felt suffocated and needed space.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Not my last, but my most "memorable" breakup was the b/f of a year, fairly serious (I thought) hung out with his kids every weekend etc - then my best friend died in an accident.

3 days after her death, I finally get him on the phone and he tells me he's "a good times boyfriend" and to get back to him when I've stopped "being so emo".

He was 38 at the time, BTW.