What do you eat...??

JSA17
JSA17 Posts: 81 Member
I'm posting this in the Success Stories board because I want to know what a day of food looks like for those of you who have lost weight....

Does anyone mind posting a typical day of what you would eat? I'm having such a hard time thinking of different meals to make that are healthy. I tend to do well starting with breakfast but by the time dinner comes around I just want to give up and eat like crazy.

Any meal ideas would help.

Thanks!

P.S-I'm mostly looking for very low/no sugar meals.......mostly belly fat to lose here...thanks :)

Replies

• jjay23
    jjay23 Posts: 160 Member
    hey, I usually start the morning with either an omelete or I make a smoothie with greek yogurt some berries and some oats to keep me going, I like a lot of fish and at lunch go for soup or salmon or both lol, dinners I go for lean meat and veggies, I am allergic to wheat so it does restrict me, I avoid processed sugar becasue I cant stop at one bite but thats just me! I really like to just wrap a chicken breast or a salmon fillet in tin foil, chuck in some chill and garlic sometimes some lemon and chuck it in the oven, as many veggies as I can fit on a plate and im away :)
  • jjay23
    jjay23 Posts: 160 Member
    lost 27 lbs so far and have another 23 to lose over all
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    well i've just started on MFP about 6 weeks ago, and lost 11 lb so far, so here is what i do:

I exercise in the early AM so i have a banana or cracker plus coffee in the AM pre-workout.

post -workout (when i get to work), is either a low fat yogurt and fruit, or rice cake and cheese. i used to eat oatmeal, i'm thinking of going back to that.

lunch: prepare a big salad the night before. add protein - 5% feta cheese, or tuna/egg, or avocado and black beans, or chicken/turkey/vegetarian lentil burgers (i make the chicken/turkey/lentils on the weekends and freeze). i eat the same thing every day.

supper when i get home: scrambled eggs/omelette with cheese/herbs/veg, with salad, or "pizza" on whole wheat pita with cheese, sauce and veg, or chicken, or couscous and veg, etc all served with sliced tomato and cucumber. in the winter, i make soup
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Open up your diary so we can help you more. What is your calorie allowance?
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    A lot of "clean eater foods" then icecream or cake at night, every night.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    My diary should be open.
    I second no sugar!
  • Fgroia
    Fgroia Posts: 1
    how did you calculate your macros? You should eat more protein, arroun 165gr at least! Do you exercise? If not try to aim to 100gr of carbs!
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Usually a lot of soups, yogurt, salads and vegetables with anything I can get my hands on (whatever my my mum makes, e.g. lasagna). I try to get lean protein such as chicken, beef and eggs too. These foods make it easy for me to lose weight~~
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    I'm down 90 lbs, and my diary is open if you want to poke around. I use a 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat breakdown that has worked well for me.
  • grimendale
    I'm down 90 lbs, and my diary is open if you want to poke around. I use a 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat breakdown that has worked well for me.
  • grimendale
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    My diary should be open.
    I second no sugar!

Here is direct link.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/harphy
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    My diary should be open.
    I second no sugar!

Here is direct link.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/harphy

You are not the OP?
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    I pretty much eat whatever I want to within calories.

But a standard day is:

- breakfast, about 7am. Either 2 x crumpets w/ butter and a small amount of peanut butter, or special k honey/almond cereal with non fat milk

- morning tea - a vanilla nonfat latte between 8-10 (take me ages to drink it lol) and then water and either fruit, crackers or a muesli bar at about 11 am

- lunch - somewhere around 1 dependent on my lunchbreak - usually dinner leftovers, a balance between a protein (usually chicken or egg), some rice, noodles or pasta, and steamed vegies, or fruit, yoghurt and crackers

- afternoon tea - usually nothing, but if I have something it'll be coke zero, frozen yoghurt, fruit, or a bit of chocolate. sometimes another coffee

- dinner 630 ish usually - always vegies, usually with lean meat (usually chicken, turkey or pork) and usually rice, pasta, noodles, pumpkin or kumara

- after dinner - a glass or two of wine, and one of ice cream, apple & cheese, crackers, yoghurt or nuts. usually rounded off with a piece of chocolate at about 9pm

cal allowance is 1800, BMR about 1620, TDEE range 2300- 2600, I take the lower TDEE and if I do lots of exercise (like on Wednesdays when I Umpire then play netball) I might have an extra óff the record' treat
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    re healthy/low sugar, I adore my George foreman grill. meat on, grilled, served with steam veg with a Japanese dressing, and some plain steamed rice is my fall back
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Hit my macro's with Fish. Chicken, lean Meats, Veggies, Fruits, Whole Grains and then fill in the rest with whatever gets me to my caloric intake for the day (pop tarts, ice cream, PBJ sandwiches, etc)..... Best of Luck
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    I eat whatever I want..I am not a clean eater nor do I plan on ever being one.

I have incorporated more veggies here and there but I still eat carbs whenever the urge comes.

They key is moderation.. if you want to chips, eat it just measure it out and put it in a bowl.. same goes for pizza.. don't deprive yourself..that leads to binges..
  • JSA17
    Thank you sooooo much everyone! Your info/tips seem helpful.

So it seems, according to everyone's suggestions that protein is really the way to go for me. I'm allowed 1370 cals a day. I find it so hard to keep track of my fats, proteins, etc when I'm preparing food. I find out what they are when I input my foods for the day on MFP. Lol.
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Thank you sooooo much everyone! Your info/tips seem helpful.

So it seems, according to everyone's suggestions that protein is really the way to go for me. I'm allowed 1370 cals a day. I find it so hard to keep track of my fats, proteins, etc when I'm preparing food. I find out what they are when I input my foods for the day on MFP. Lol.

I am so with you there! I have no idea what I am looking for...plus, I'm a vegetarian so I have to find 'alternate' sources of protein. The whole 40-30-30 thing confuses me!! I judge mine after putting them in MFP...and then I think, well crap...that's a bummer of a day for protein!
  • JSA17
    Haha. I think we're in the same boat here. I feel like I'm eating healthy but when I enter my food I'm like "dammit!".

I just wish someone could follow me around all day and tell me exactly what to eat and when. Lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!