eggplant

Options
2»

Replies

• Rhonalex
    Options
    I cut it into chunks add onion then toss it with lots of chopped garlic olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some adobo seasoning. Boy is it good!!!
  • souldancer
    Options
    I just made a healthier version of Eggplant Parmesan from a recipe I found in my Prevention magazine ~ September 2010 issue and I have to say...it was delish! My husband is Italian and can cook great Italian food and when he complimented how much flavor it had, I knew I would be making it again. Copy and paste the link below to your browser. I added a little more fresh garlic when I made it.

http://www.prevention.com/health/cook/everyday-recipes/light-and-luscious-eggplant-parmesan/article/7b96dbf69fbf9210VgnVCM10000030281eac____

~ Enjoy!
    Thanks for posting this recipe, been wanting to make it at home for a few years. I love eggplant parmesean, and to add a lot of garlic ooh how yummy. I am saving this recipe to try next week.
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    I make lasagna using eggplant sliced the long way instead of noodles. its delicious.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I just made a healthier version of Eggplant Parmesan from a recipe I found in my Prevention magazine ~ September 2010 issue and I have to say...it was delish! My husband is Italian and can cook great Italian food and when he complimented how much flavor it had, I knew I would be making it again. Copy and paste the link below to your browser. I added a little more fresh garlic when I made it.

http://www.prevention.com/health/cook/everyday-recipes/light-and-luscious-eggplant-parmesan/article/7b96dbf69fbf9210VgnVCM10000030281eac____

~ Enjoy!

I am making this for supper! I love making new dishes.
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    lol Made me smile when I saw this, reminds me of the wonderful movie and Remy!:laugh:

OMG, just looked at the site, lovely picture, so presentable, it's beautiful with all the veggie colors!!

Glad you shared :)

It is a pretty dish! And not very hard to make either!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    tagging this for later :) I have 2 almost done.
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i have never known what to do with eggplant! thank you so much everyone for all the ideas!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Oh lookie what I found, something to do with an Eggplant I've yet to see a recipe for!:laugh: :tongue:

Kumba
    Bake (or nuke) eggplant until it is very soft. Let it cool and spoon out eggplant from its skin. Add fresh pressed garlic, olive
    oil,lemon juice, cilantro/corriander, onions,roasted red peppers (from jar). Chop and add celery (or fresh locusts or
    grasshoppers* if you have any) Serve with dental floss**to get those nasty celery pieces from dangling.

When you serve it to your guests, be sure to tell them all about the history of this recipe***. This curiosity will add to
    their appetite, and to your "image" as a messy gourmet.

* A word of caution regarding the use of fresh locusts. When you bring Kumba for your friend's potluck dinner,
    please remember that the locusts should not be so fresh that they crawl out of the bowl, fly around the house and
    eat all of your friend's houseplants. The plants can be replaced, but trying to mend the friendship after that kind of
    faux pax can really be a challenge.
    **On the side!
    ***AFTER they take a bite.

http://www.messygourmet.com/creations/issue2.html
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    To Die for. Love this recipe.

Eggplant & Pepper App

3 long, hot banana peepers, or 1-2 jalepenos
    2 large eggplants
    ½ c evoo
    1 large onion, chopped
    6 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 TB lemon juice
    1 TB red wine vinegar
    Sea salt/pepper to taste

Roast peppers and eggplant until skins blister. Cool and peel, discard seeds.

Puree peppers and eggplant.

Saute onion in several TBs evoo until soft, add garlic and cook 1-2 min. Mix into puree. (I pureed it too) Add remaining evoo, juice, and vinegar, plus salt & pepper.
  • fat2skiny
    Options
    Eggplant is really good in a lasagna... just substitute the pasta for lightly grilled eggplant mmmmm!!!