A nice sauce for chicken wraps?

Options
Gel_W
Gel_W Posts: 20
I'm thinking chicken and salad wraps for dinner tonight but usually I'd add mayo, and I'm all out. Trying to stop buying it.

My other half doesn't like salad cream/salsa (not much a fan myself of salsa) and he also disliked the hoisin sauce I tried last time.

So does anyone else have any other ideas that would go nice with chicken salad wraps? We will always try just about anything once and my son doesn't care as long as he is getting fed!

Replies

• lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Mashed-up avocado? Hummus?
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    i like peanut sauce with my lettuce wraps :)
  • StefieLou
    StefieLou Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've been making this sauce all summer, and using it in or on everything. Soooo good, and very healthful . . . also doesn't use oil, so it is pretty low cal. I bump up the garlic quite a bit; its one of my fav flavors!

Sundried Tomato Sauce

Ingredients
    1 medium tomato, chopped
    1/2 clove garlic
    1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (not the ones packed in oil)
    1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 tsp fresh thyme
    1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Directions
    Add the tomato and garlic to the blender first, then add the rest of the ingredients. The tomato and garlic are easier to purée when they start near the blades. This creates a sauce at the bottom of the blender, which will then catch the sundried tomatoes and make them easier to purée.

The amount of water added will depend on how thick or thin you want the sauce. You may also need a bit more water if your blender is not especially powerful. Always start with just 1 tablespoon or so. You can add water as needed, but you can’t take it out once it’s in the sauce.

If you want to keep it simple, don’t worry about trying to guess the amount of water and go with just one cup. It will produce a thick sauce, and the amount of water is generally enough to get most blenders to properly purée the sauce.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/sun-dried-tomato-sauce
  • Amiike
    Amiike Posts: 21
    Options
    I always use selfmade or bottled Honey-Mustard Sauce - goes perfect with the chicken for me..
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I always either use ranch dressing or a honey mustard sauce.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    You could always make your own low fat Ranch dressing also by using plain non-fat Greek yogurt instead of Mayo or Sour Cream. Just add a Ranch seasoning packet and some fat free milk until it's the consistency of sauce...or add finely chopped cucumber, dill and garlic to make a Greek Tzatziki sauce if you're into that. Just either salt the cucumber before using it or remove the seeds so it doesn't make the sauce watery. I swear by Greek yogurt and use it all the time instead of sour cream. It's very versatile and I've substituted it in recipes as well.

Also that sun-dried tomato dressing above sounds AMAZING.
  • Gel_W
    Gel_W Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, I'll let other half take a look and take his pick when he gets home from work!
  • laurenz2501
    Options
    I agree, OP's method seems a bit low. I don't use a HRM though but when I log Circuit Training (General) in Cardio exercises it gives me about 271 calories burned at 27 mins...
    I am 5'4" and about 140 pounds. My HRM gives me 233 calories for level one, using 4 pound weights

That's more like it. I use 5 lb weights for Level 1. I only have to modify it and use one of them for the lunge/frontal raise things.
  • laurenz2501
    Options
    Woops sorry! I replied in the wrong thread :laugh:
  • boolz
    boolz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Horseradish spread. Lots of flavor for 0 calories.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    mustard or mister mustard if you like some spice
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I like Frank's Sweet Chili sauce in chicken wraps, it is soooo delish! :) Sweet and spicy, yummm
  • xstarxdustx
    xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    How about an Asian Peanut type of sauce?
  • Michellekutz1
    Options
    I use a lot of lemon pepper seasoning then I don't need a sauce :)
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Chicken wraps with guacamole. It is the best thing I ever ate almost.
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I use either hummus or Wishbone Buffalo Ranch sauce, which has Frank's Red Hot in it. DELISH!!!
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I LOVE using italian dressing on my wraps...and it's even better if the chicken is marinated in it before hand :). Other than that I'd suggest low fat ranch, hummus, mashed avocado as a spread, or honey mustard.
  • nwatrous
    nwatrous Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings. The blue cheese is awesome and only 35 cal for 2 Tbs. That'd be great on a chicken wrap.