FAST FOOD CHALLENGE

Options
Hi guys!

My challenge for you this month is simple: Do not eat fast food!!

Every time I feel like getting myself a little Taco Bell, I'm going to walk to Trader Joe's and get some organic goodness.

What could you do when you feel like running through the drive thru?

On September 1st post you beginning weight. On the 30th post your ending weight!

Let's see what cutting the fast food does for us!!!

:tongue:

Replies

• tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Im in!! Does that include just getting coffees from drive thru if im only getting milk and adding my own stevia??
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, this is a weakness for me. I'll take the challenge. I hope to succeed.

Instead of going to fast food I can just go to the grocery store and get me a salad or something more healthy. Actually, having lunches already available at work helps me to cut down on the fast food runs.

Avoiding fast food for dinner might be more of a challenge. While it happens less frequently, its more of a time cruch and/or we just dont' want to cook. Maybe opting for a better 'going out' alternative than fast food.
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    I always sign up for challeneges and never really give it my all.

I really want to do this challenge, only thing stopping me is that I am going on a road trip for a week beginning the 5th-13th and fast-food seems to be unavoidable. So, with that said, I am making my pledge that before and after my trip, no fast food and during the week long trip, healthier fast food alternatives (grilled chicken sandwich with 1/2 the bun, or chicken salads with no dressing or lite dressing.)

This is my promise to YOU and more importantly, to MYSELF!:happy:
  • theatremack
    Options
    I really like this challenge - plus I'm going to try to get my husband to do it too!!! I think we an make healthier choices then grabbing something because it's quick and easy!!! Here's to it!!!
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I am in! I work less than 1/4 mile from 5 fast food restaurants, and it seems like that is my go-to whenever I forget my lunch.
  • fitterpat
    fitterpat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in - I already made that pledge. My biggest downfall for "fast food" is after my wife and her friends go swimming - they grab all of us a treat from McDonalds (after what I saw today, that'll be out.)

I'm thinking I'm going to ask her to make some kind of granola bar thingys and we can surprise them afterwards. If we make them with lots of fruit and nuts and granola and honey and stuff they will still meet the "treat" category and if we can tweak them enough, they'll be way better for us.

I'll get my starting weight on Wed!! Good plan!!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    As long as subway doesn't count I'm totally in! I love fast food and have been trying my best to eat more at home and less fast food. But I have exercise class thursdays which is also payday so after work I'm running to cash my check, gas up my car, get changed into workout clothes, and get food before my class starts... so I usually run to subway since its so quick and I'm always running out of time. :laugh:
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am not counting coffee! I get an americano in the morning. Also, I will not count Subway (although I will be avoiding that as well). I will try to post something supportive for you guys every day! I also work a few blocks from Wendy's, Arby's, Costco, Panda Express, Taco Bell, Taco Time, Mcdonald's, Taco Del Mar, and Jack in the Box. So lunch is a challenge for me. But I live next to all these places as well, so dinner is hard too! I wish everyone luck, I will try to work out some kind of prize for whoever loses the most this month. :)
  • samdempsey38
    Options
    I used to duck into McDonalds or BK, I manage to avoid them now by always taking food to work with me not taking much cash. I am up for the challange I put 3 kg back on over the last few weeks.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I might even skip the Subway/Submarina more often (because the sodium is crazy).
  • showers1989
    showers1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    im in.
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Me and the hubby are in! We dont eat fast food that often but it would be nice to see how it is affecting our diets. Plus I was way over my sodium last week and paid for it this week at weigh in! (Not to mention anytime its a little bit humid I swell no matter how much water I drink)
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    IM IN !!
  • Helinah26
    Helinah26 Posts: 288
    Options
    im in :D
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I think I'm going to include pizza. My hubby likes to get it about once a week. I try to limit the amount I eat, but its not always possible. I think that if he wants pizza I'm going to insist on him getting a salad with it. I love salads.

I've found that when we don't have as much money, I don't tend to go to fast food as often. When payday rolls around, I splurge. I need to just stick to the plan. Maybe pretend I still don't have money.

My biggest weakness is taco bell. Awhile ago I made this taco bake thing that satisfied that craving a bit. I haven't made it in awhile, I might have to start for this. Another weakness is the spicy chicken sandwich at wendys. I'm thinking of maybe making my own and freezing them. I can grab a patty and bring it in for lunch - throw some hot sauce on it and I'm good.
  • hellokatee
    Options
    I think I'm going to include pizza. My hubby likes to get it about once a week. I try to limit the amount I eat, but its not always possible. I think that if he wants pizza I'm going to insist on him getting a salad with it. I love salads.

I've found that when we don't have as much money, I don't tend to go to fast food as often. When payday rolls around, I splurge. I need to just stick to the plan. Maybe pretend I still don't have money.

My biggest weakness is taco bell. Awhile ago I made this taco bake thing that satisfied that craving a bit. I haven't made it in awhile, I might have to start for this. Another weakness is the spicy chicken sandwich at wendys. I'm thinking of maybe making my own and freezing them. I can grab a patty and bring it in for lunch - throw some hot sauce on it and I'm good.

Taco Bell is my weakness as well. :( It is only two blocks from my apartment lol.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Mondays are my weigh in days - I was 148 then, but was 150 this morning. Not sure which one to go with for this challenge.

Today is the day to start!! I think its going to be tough, but most likely well worth it!
  • fat2skiny
    Options
    I've been avoiding fast food places for a few weeks already so I will definitly be doing this one!!!

SW: 313.4
  • hellokatee
    Options
    178 this morning! :)
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    How's day 2 going for everyone?

I could have easily fit in a stop today as I was busy and on the road, but declined. The pull wasn't super strong though so I can't say it was super hard. There will be days it'll be way harder.

Oh, and I'm going to go with 148 for my starting weight. I was up a bit on the 1st, but it was water weight from a potluck/pizza day on Tuesday. I was down this morning again.