Not Seeing Results!

Options
Good morning Myfitnesspal family! I have some concerns. HELP! I am not seeing the results on the scale (that I was when I started). So it is very disappointing. I am not sure if I should take my calories up or what! I am in a run class so I do that 3 days a week. I also ride my exercise bike at less two days a week. I have notice that I don't sweat as much any more with the bike. I always sweat like a pig with the run class. I thinking I need to do something different just not sure what. Any suggestions?

Replies

• sanajaved3
    Options
    Continue onwards, try interval training - 60 seconds run v fast and then 60 seconds slow. Although continue as you are as it can take weeks for peoples bodies to start kicking into using fat cells once. You may find that in 5-6 weeks it all suddenly come off again. Good luck.
  • 14uqueen
    14uqueen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support! In my run class we do 3 minute ran and 1 minute walk intervals. I will continue onwards! Just thought I would see more changes on the scale. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you started, and do you do any exercise other than cardio? What is you current calorie goal and do you meet it?
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to switch up your workout routines. The body does adjust when doing the same exercise day after day, and to keep the metabolism up, we need to change up the exercises. You should probably try a different path when riding your bike or try doing a different cardio exercise altogether. When I notice I'm not sweating as much, I switch up the exercise or try to exert more energy when doing cardio. It doesn't hurt to try it anyway.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Like other posters have said, your body does adjust to workouts and starts becoming more efficient, thereby burning fewer calories as time goes. How about you introduce some basic weight training into your schedule? If you don't have access to a gym, a good set of dumb bells will be all you'll need to workout at home. I also recommend looking into exercise videos online. I've tried Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred. I also really like the fitnessblender videos on youtube. They're all very challenging and very easy to adjust based on your fitness level. All the best!
  • 14uqueen
    Options
    I started counting calories and my run class in January 2013. I only do cardio at this time. My current calorie goal is 1200 per day.
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Drop your daily calorie intake by 100-200 calories, or do 100-200 calories worth of exercise more per day. After a week see if you've lost any weight. It not then drop your daily calorie intake by another 100-200 calories, or do another 100-200 calories worth of exercise more per day.
  • 14uqueen
    Options
    I started counting calories and run class in January 2013. I attend run class 3 days a week and do ran walk interval 3min run /1min walk. I changed my eating habits as well. I only do cardio at this time. My current calorie goal is 1200 calorie per day.
  • 14uqueen
    Options
    I will try to drop my calories and see how that works for me. Thanks everyone for your replying to my post.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Drop your daily calorie intake by 100-200 calories, or do 100-200 calories worth of exercise more per day. After a week see if you've lost any weight. It not then drop your daily calorie intake by another 100-200 calories, or do another 100-200 calories worth of exercise more per day.

umm..You have no idea if this is NET 1200 or not..

To the OP: are you NET 1200 or gross.. do you eat back exercise as you are supposed to be doing on MFP?
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I will try to drop my calories and see how that works for me. Thanks everyone for your replying to my post.

You're eating 1200 at the moment. You can't go dropping. You should be increasing :smile:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Uuuummmmmm, NO!!!! :grumble: Don't drop your calories!!! You need to up them, your body needs fuel!! Figure out your TDEE and BMR : http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Drop your daily calorie intake by 100-200 calories

agreed.

If I had to guess, I'd bet you aren't actually eating 1200 calories. You probably are cheating more than you think/realize, aren't measuring/weighing your food, or aren't logging every bite and every sip. Or some combination there of.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    OP you're not eating enough.

My sister-in-law reset hers to 1,500 after stalling at 1,200 and started losing again.

Read the links for TDEE and BMR and you'll see what we mean...
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options

Uuuummmmmm, NO!!!! :grumble: Don't drop your calories!!! You need to up them, your body needs fuel!! Figure out your TDEE and BMR : http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Yes, this^^

Just some basic calculations based on the info on your profile (38yo female, approx 260lbs, active 3x/wk) and some educated guesses on my part (5'4''), your sedentary TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) is approx 2300cals. A calorie deficit of 25% nets your calories at about 1700. Based on that info, it is very probable that you are eating too little to support your body and activity.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    1- Do you weigh and measure everything you put in your mouth? If not, you don't know if you are really eating 1200 calories.

2- Are you eating back exercise calories? MFP calculates your needs just for sleeping and daily life, it does not include energy you need for exercise. That is why when you log your exercise, it gives you more calories to eat.
  • lal006
    lal006 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1200 calories seems pretty low already. Without more information it's hard to say for sure, but you probably should eat more than that in order to fuel your workouts. It's important that you're eating a good diet too. Counting calories isn't enough. I also would recommend adding strength training to the mix, 2 to 3 days a week. It will help with your weight loss especially in the long run. Have patience with the process. It can take a lot longer than you'd expect to start seeing consistent results.
  • scunnin89
    scunnin89 Posts: 4
    Options
    DO NOT DROP YOUR CALORIES!!!! I REPEAT....DO NOT DROP YOUR CALORIES!!!

You may see quick results from this, but it will HURT you in the long run. Once you start eating more, you may gain the weight back and than some and it is harder to get off the second time. Plus with all your exercising, your body needs FUEL!!! Stay at 1200 for now, but try switching it up with your workouts. Also, weigh yourself in the morning. DO NOT weigh yourself after a workout or the next day after a workout. Your muscles are adjusting and maybe retaining water, so the scale may be slightly off.

If you are still not seeing results try ADDING 200 calories to your diet and bumping it up to 1400. What happens is your body is trying to adjust to 1200 calories, but your working it with workouts so it is burning up more calories. At 1200 it might start storing fat to preserve it self with all the activity. But if you give your body enough it won't have to store it and will burn most of it instead. Trust me. To lose weight you have to eat more, but make sure it is good wholesome organic food that is high in protein. Good fats and lower carbs.

Try measuring yourself instead of just relying on the scale. Sometimes what matters is the INCHES!!! You also maybe building muscle.

Hope that helps :) Keep up the hard work!
  • 14uqueen
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the great advice! I will look up more information on TDEE and BMR. I truly have a lot more to learn about this journey call weight loss! THANKS!!!!!!