Supersize vs Superskinny

Options

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I love that programme..and others like it.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I love this show! I've been watching it on YouTube for a couple of years now. It's not really played in the US - OWN picked it up for one season last year but I haven't seen it played again. I'm also a huge fan of Secret Eaters.
  • CatLambee
    CatLambee Posts: 26
    Options
    Haha, watched a couple episodes of season five and the host is super into how fat America is.

It's crazy to learn about some people's living conditions when they've gotten too large to be able to properly take care of themselves.
  • Alicia_P_28
    Alicia_P_28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :)
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cdjs77
    cdjs77 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love this show (and the others mentioned). I recommend it every time I hear someone say "I don't understand why I'm so fat/thin, I eat just fine," or "how does s/he eat such crap and stay so thin?" It actually made me realize how little I was eating when I was super skinny. I had always thought I had some sort of amazing metabolism that let me eat junk food all the time, but in reality I really wasn't taking in the calories I needed. I think anyone starting a fitness/weightloss/weight gain journey should watch this show, it's absolutely eye opening.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Saw the show for the first time this morning. The idea or pairing up an anorexic person with an obese person for "shock treatment" via diet comparison is interesting.

If you are obese do you think it would be helpful to become friends with an anorexic/bulimic to compare diets and help each other?

If you are anorexic/bulimic do you think it would be helpful to become friends with an an obese person to compare diets and help each other?

Before anyone points it out, I of course realize you can be both obese and be anorexic/bulimic

It appears they do a "diet swap" at the beginning of each episode. The anorexic/bulimic trades meals with the obese person. Some people are not happy with the format:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2098744/Supersize-vs-Superskinny-said-trigger-eating-disorder-sufferers.html
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/fat-family-tree is a new show, might be on youtube or vimeo

Looks at genetics and other factors as well as how much and what the people are eating.
  • zinatara
    zinatara Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    EDIT: Clicked on the first episode of "Secret Eaters"... very inspiring, seeing the difference of how much they thought they ate vs. what food that actually took in was amazing! The visual is always so much more powerful to me than the memory. :blushing: :laugh:
    I just don't understand how people can be so much in denial. I've eaten loads of unhealthy food to get overweight, but I still knew I ate it and that is wasn't good for me.

And they always say in the beginning of the show that they have loads of salads, but there's almost never salad when the food they've eaten is presented.
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I love that show too! It's interesting to see the differences in their diets, and how they've changed at the end.
  • Lylie1985
    Lylie1985 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love shows like this!! None of these have played in NZ so I'm going to be you tubing them all! :)
  • angelataylorneal
    angelataylorneal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just found this show as well! I love it because it is so different from anything produced here & in many ways, a lot more honest! I learn something new each time I watch, I also found out what a stone and a crisp are! :smooched:
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I love it. I remember watching the first one (three years ago?) with great trepidation as I thought it would be hugely sensationalist, but it isn't.
  • human28
    human28 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Going to have to look into this one. Thanks! :)
  • nirebelldandy
    Options
    that was a real eye opener!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I love this programme, I swear I have seen all of them

I also love

Secret Eaters
    Fat Families
    Biggest Losers
    A year to save my life - Fab!!!

"A year to save my life!" - I think this show got me the most. It's phenomenal seeing the changes in people & getting a proper back story. However, I am a Dawn Porter fan too, & I also loved the Sex Education Show (sorry off topic there!).
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and I love those shows, I've just finished biggest loser usa...
    A new one which is about to start is called fat, stick and nearly dead... Might be a good one.x
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    #sick... Not stick lol