Where can we go for a nice treat?

Options
Okay so this is my second week. My fiancé has asked for us to go out for ice cream as a summer treat...believe it or not I still have over 800 calories to have for dinner but I would rather not splurge it. What can I eat to join in? Does anyone feel my pain???

Replies

• glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    If you are going to an icecream shop you could just share with someone or order the smallest size. alternatively you could get sorbet. Or you could get a normal portion and eat less for the next few days.
  • janisskoczylas
    janisskoczylas Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How about a Fro-yo place? They have low-fat and NSA options, and you can add healthier toppings (fruit) so it doesn't feel like you aren't indulging.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I like Cold Stone Creamery but there's always Dairy Queen
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    many ice cream shoppes offer no sugar added options
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    When I get a treat we go to Baskin Robbins and I get rainbow sherbert. You can look up the calorie count for them and Dairy Queen online :)
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    food is not a treat! in order to have long term success, it's best to get yourself out of that mindset. a treat is a massage, a trip to the nail salon, a new pair of running sneakers, a cute new gym outfit, but not food. never, ever, ever should food be a great. that mentality is what got many of us here in the first place. i know that's now what you want to hear, but time to leave that behind.

if you are really that tempted, go online first and check the cals before you go to the store and order.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

no sugar doesn't mean better... usually just means you will end up eating more and instead of sugar, you are eating chemicals that will give you cancer. do you like cancer? i didn't think so.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I had gelato the other day. Pretty low cal and I didn't feel bad about it!
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

no sugar doesn't mean better... usually just means you will end up eating more and instead of sugar, you are eating chemicals that will give you cancer. do you like cancer? i didn't think so.

Wow! Bossy and judgy? Food can be a treat. It may not work for you...

OP, just look for frozen yogurt or a fruit sorbet that is lower calorie, get a smaller size (maybe a kid's cup), and put fresh fruit on top. Then enjoy it, because it sounds like someone is being nice to you and wants to spend time with you :)
  • BeachIron
    Options

^ ignore people like this, OP, who scare monger and have no scientific evidence for their claims
  • BeachIron
    Options
    food is not a treat! in order to have long term success, it's best to get yourself out of that mindset. a treat is a massage, a trip to the nail salon, a new pair of running sneakers, a cute new gym outfit, but not food. never, ever, ever should food be a great. that mentality is what got many of us here in the first place. i know that's now what you want to hear, but time to leave that behind.

if you are really that tempted, go online first and check the cals before you go to the store and order.

^ Oh, and also ignore this kind of garbage. There's nothing wrong with ice cream.
  • redefiningashleeeey
    redefiningashleeeey Posts: 1 Member
    Options

^ Oh, and also ignore this kind of garbage. There's nothing wrong with ice cream.

^^agreeed! "thats what got us here" rude... its okay to treat yourself. your body knows how to handle a few extra calories every once and a while!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Someone mention Coldstone Creamery. Here's a link to the nutritional info for their flavors. The list's come up as .pdf charts.

http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/nutrition/

Pineapple sorbert is 140 cal. for a "like it" size (small). A "gotta have it" sized chocolate peanut butter ice cream, on the other hand, is 990!