Need Exercise ideas

Options
I injured my neck 2 years ago & have been on 10lb lifting restriction ever since. I have 2 compressed disks in my neck. I have been walking for an hour daily lots of hills at a brisk pace but feel I need to do more. Im unsure of what to add that could get results without being jarring to my neck. Any Ideas?

Replies

• wannbAhottie
    wannbAhottie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Swimming????? Water arobics, lap swim or swim running are a great way to burn calories without the jarring of your joints. Before I knew how to do the front crawl stroke I would take a kick board to use. I could use the kick board for just flutter kicks on front and back and also dolphin/mermaid kicks, I felt that I got a great work out. I hope this helps and good luck.
  • jlcanon
    jlcanon Posts: 21
    Options
    Walking with 1 or 2 lb hand weights will help you. If you are cleared to exercise by your doctor ask him or her what you can or can't do. Try walking for longer...Do 60 minutes in the morning and 60 in the evening. Just an idea! Good luck!:smile:
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    its been two years you should be off retriction ask your docter
  • LWatson43
    LWatson43 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    whatever you do be careful and make sure you have the doctors clearance. Have you thought about riding a bike?