I completed Insanity!

Options
rahlpn
rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
I'm a little nervous about posting this but I wanted to help motivate the people on here who may have had the same reservations about doing Insanity that I had in the beginning. I'm 31 yrs old, I'm 5'7" and started this weight loss endeavor January 1st this year. I started off at 240 lbs, slow easy workouts, and then a friend told me she'd let me borrow her Insanity DVDs. I was scared that I weighed too much, was still too out of shape at 207 lbs and the first Fit Test confirmed my fears, it was TOUGH and I was exhausted but I did not want to quit, I knew it was more mental than physical (but oh is it physical!) So I just let pushing play, even when my body was fatigued, exhausted, I did it because I never regretted doing it, only not doing it. It made me feel so accomplished and helped me blast past that ONEderland milestone. I ended up losing 19 lbs, and a ton of inches (not sure of the numbers because when I took them they weren't that much different than the before numbers but I went from a size 18 to a 14) and my fit test numbers were WAY better than the first one I took. I hope I can inspire at least one person to give this a try, or at least go outside of your comfort zone and what you "think" you can do. Push yourself and you will amaze yourself!

0F71A53C-AB3C-46DD-95C8-891AFAD86CF4-1810-0000029EB819ED3D.jpg
3880F8CE-24C9-40E8-B703-6A080FCDAF4E-1713-00000292841C9FA3.jpg
9A42D781-154A-4359-941D-197F77A22307-813-00000166D982DF57.jpg

Replies

• rahlpn
    Options
    OK I resized all the pics but only one was the right size, sorry, I hate posting pics on here!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Great results! Well done!
  • rahlpn
    Options
    OK tried it again with no luck. They are normal sized when I go to MFP on my phone but not from my PC, weird.
    Thanks!
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the hard work - It is helping!
    An who cares about the numbers if your clothes fit better, right?

I am so happy to have read this - A friend of mine gave me the CD's also, and I am afraid to start!
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Got any results?
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! I have done it twice and it was, is and probably forever will be a tough one! You look great! Keep it up!:smile:
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Well done!! I can see such a difference! You have done awesome!! I commend you. I know it's tough I did a round of it myself after having a c section,yeah the fit test pretty much had me on the floor. It's commitment and your results show how hard you worked!

Very well done!!
  • Candice__Q
    Candice__Q Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! It takes guts to post pics, but you earned those afters girl!! Keep kickin booty!
  • Candice__Q
    Candice__Q Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! It takes guts to post pics, but you earned those afters girl!! Keep kickin booty!
  • Harlowe1
    Harlowe1 Posts: 27
    Options
    Well done you! inner thighs are my problematic area too. definitely ll be trying insanity!
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Woo! Great job! I too just completed Insanity yesterday (I am also a huge pats fan). What are you planning on doing next?
  • rahlpn
    Options
    Woo! Great job! I too just completed Insanity yesterday (I am also a huge pats fan). What are you planning on doing next?

Go Pats! I joined a gym and am now incorporating resistance (using the TRX bands) and body pump classes and swimming for cardio. I need to work on strength now that Insanity has given me a better foundation. Hopefully that will help me shed inches and decrease my body fat percentage.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I agree with it being mental.. I pushed play ever day and finished it.. I know others who are more active and fit then me that can't even finish a week cause it is so hard. You have to want it.. and WE did...

Nice work...go get your shirt now...
  • JayVarys
    JayVarys Posts: 37
    Options
    Congratulations! I've completed Insanity atleast twice now and Asylum once. I just received my Insanity T-shirt yesterday.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You should be so proud!! Go You!!!!
  • scntst
    scntst Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yay! you finished it! that's so awesome! Congratulations! And awesome results!

And I, like many others I'm sure, felt the same as you and scared of it. You have convinced me to try it too. :smile:
  • Dmayne78
    Dmayne78 Posts: 1
    Options
    What exercise's do you input into the exercise area, because insanity is not a option. Im starting tomorrow. Thanks in advance
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    good job
  • poe510
    poe510 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    wooo hooo! good for you lady! you powered through and did it!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!