How bout LACK of?!

Options
Hello all, I am relatively new to mfp. It has been a little over 2 or 3 weeks for me. So far I have lost around 8 pounds. I was doing very well and this past 5 days... have seemed to go downhill. I feel like I am hungry all the time, I want to eat things that are not good for me and I am also getting lazy on my exercising. I am looking for some very general advice/questions. A little extra information that might be helpful... I have just started a 2 time a week strength training today, cardio inbetween (considering I even go, as I mentioned... lazy here lately) compared to cardio only for the past few weeks. PLEASE HELP. And please feel free to add me, I am without friends! :)

Replies

• tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Your cardio and strenght training will help. I find that I need to have something that I working towards as far as my exercise goes. There are a lot of groups on MFP that will have challenges, maybe this will help keep you focused. If you have amped up your activity level you may find that your appetite will increase, you should be eating back your exercise calories (at least some of them).
  • BrandiPants
    BrandiPants Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Is it nearing that time of the month? Increase in hormones during that part of your cycle can induce fatigue and cravings. My advice for getting through it? You might not like this answer but, do it anyway! The more you exercise the more your body will start to crave it. I know that sounds crazy but, for me at least, its true. As far as food goes, try and find a healthier alternative to the foods you are craving (i.e. craving ice cream try skinny cow, craving chocolate go for dark chocolate, craving cookies try the 100 calorie packs). I am by no means an expert, this is just my humble opinion. Good luck and stay strong!
  • hmlayman
    hmlayman Posts: 70
    Options
    Actually, I am a mother to a 10 month old, before her birth I was on bc for awhile, and after her birth I was on bc for a significant amount of time. Now my menstrual periods are wacky and I have been on for weeks now with a small break inbetween. I never considered that! I am not craving anything specific, just hungry all the time and lacking motivation! Thanks for the suggestions!