Toning that Tummy After Children

Options
So my son is 16 months old and while I am officially at my wedding weight, I am left with a bit of loose skin around my tummy. There is still fat to be lost and I am continuing my journey of tightening. However, any mothers out there that had a similar problem and have since gotten rid of it? I don't want to think about a tummy tuck or anything drastic at this time...especially since there may be one more baby down the road. However, it does concern me that all of my hard work will show off everywhere but my stomach. I currently do a plethora of exercises, ranging for circuit training with weights (heavy lifting) and cardio. I also follow a new lifestyle of better eating choices (no fast food/crap unless I want it).

Thoughts, suggestions, etc. Thanks!

Replies

• AynzL
    AynzL Posts: 40
    Options
    I would love to know this as well! My son turned 2 in May and I struggle the same as you. I was curious if anyone has had luck with any type of ab exercises even though everything I read says it wont spot reduce fat there.
  • MonicaFlachman
    Options
    There is no specific trick to doing this. Its hard work and dedication, You need to find a total body workout that works for you and you can do it. I started out in a gym with a personal trainer at the local ymca and he gave me some free workout schedules. I then turned to P90X and have since completed Hip Hop Abs, P90X2 and I am currently doing FocutsT-25. You can accomplish this!!!!!!
  • gensteele1
    gensteele1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    There is no specific trick to doing this. Its hard work and dedication, You need to find a total body workout that works for you and you can do it. I started out in a gym with a personal trainer at the local ymca and he gave me some free workout schedules. I then turned to P90X and have since completed Hip Hop Abs, P90X2 and I am currently doing FocutsT-25. You can accomplish this!!!!!!

Thanks! I am giving it my all and know that its not an overnight remedy. I guess knowing that there is a "hard work and dedication" aspect to it, helps me push along.