calories in versus out

Options
I am trying to clean up my eating and while I am stuffed my calorie count is very low. Ex....today, I hate all three meals and a protein bar (processed I know) but, my calories are only at 1240 - 529 (FB) = 711 net.

I've been netting 1200-1400.

If I am full do I need to keep eating?

Replies

• lovinlandl
    lovinlandl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,220 Member
    Options
    If your diary is closed it is sort of difficult to comment. My suggestions would be healthy fats like nuts, avocado, and the like.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    It kinda depends on how much you have to lose. When I first started, I had a lot of fat to lose, and it was ok if I was under my calorie goal, my body had a lot of stored fat to use for energy. I lost a lot of weight very quickly. But, as I got closer to my goal weight, my body had less stored fat/energy, and I had to increase my calories to stay healthy. I find it almost as important to track my intake now, at maintenance, because I need to make sure that I am getting enough calories and hitting my macros. I can get light headed and hungry if I'm too low, I'll feel it the next day. I also take a multi-vitamin. I feel better since I started taking it regularly after my doctor suggested it.
  • mittencat77
    mittencat77 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am curious to hear what others say about this. I am often netting 400-800 when I consider my exerecise (based on heart rate monitor). I definitely work at a caloric deficit but I am soft and definitely not looking like one would expect with my diet and workouts.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    It kinda depends on how much you have to lose. When I first started, I had a lot of fat to lose, and it was ok if I was under my calorie goal, my body had a lot of stored fat to use for energy. I lost a lot of weight very quickly. But, as I got closer to my goal weight, my body had less stored fat/energy, and I had to increase my calories to stay healthy. I find it almost as important to track my intake now, at maintenance, because I need to make sure that I am getting enough calories and hitting my macros. I can get light headed and hungry if I'm too low, I'll feel it the next day. I also take a multi-vitamin. I feel better since I started taking it regularly after my doctor suggested it.
    ^ yup, the fatter you are, the bigger your maximum calorie deficit.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,220 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker you only have 12-13 pounds to lose. If that is the case a maximum loss of 1 pound per week or less is what you should be shooting for.