Options

Replies

• ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT, YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!
  • Raspberrynezzie
    Options
    Great job on getting healthier! Your boyfriend was wrong...you were beautiful before and you look beautiful now! :flowerforyou:

^^THIS!!

dang straight your boyfriend was wrong, if things dont work out, give me a call lol :wink:
    Hahahaha thank you! I appreciate it
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    you look great
  • CandelLife
    CandelLife Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You're doing a great job and you look awesome! I hate to repeat it, but seriously, if your boyfriend doesn't love you the same no matter what weight you are, it hurts the chances of a long term relationship because life happens, we all grow older and can't stay looking 21 forever. He should love you for you. But I have a feeling as you feel better about yourself, you may be seeing things in a whole new light. Regardless of all that, I hope you are very proud of yourself for your accomplishments and staying true to your goals! Good for you!!
  • Raspberrynezzie
    Options
    Ahh! Haha oh my goodness. You guys are so wonderful. I don't really know why I was so afraid of posting on here before! And I got some friend requests! I didn't even know that was a thing on here! Shows you what I know!
  • joe2626
    joe2626 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic loss...and might I say, you're absolutely stunning!

At the rate you're going, you'll reach your ultimate goals in no time at all. Inspirational! x
  • Raspberrynezzie
    Options
    What a fantastic loss...and might I say, you're absolutely stunning!

At the rate you're going, you'll reach your ultimate goals in no time at all. Inspirational! x
    Aww! Thank you love!
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Nice
  • shannonpatterson87
    Options

I learned a lot, especially about the people around me. My own boyfriend had even told me I needed to lose weight or I would never be considered "beautiful". That stung. a lot.
    So I took matters into my own hands, bought a treadmill, those reusable bags from Whole Foods and Trader Joes xD and said "to heck with this!" After a break up, my boyfriend and I got back together (he isn't in the guy in the pics) and he seems more supportive now, though I feel that sort of put a pretty big gap between us. We shall see how it goes.

Love doesn't put expectations. I'm very happy for you, but you should be with someone who loves you for you. My husband thinks I'm beautiful regardless of what I look like. I just want you to be with someone who thinks you are beautiful no matter what.
  • mnhockeymom63
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss!!! I completely agree with other posters you were beautiful before and you are now. As someone who just turned 50.....we all get old get wrinkles, etc. Be with someone that loves you for who you are and can make you laugh.....just my two cents as an old lady :)
  • xoxoial
    xoxoial Posts: 3
    Options
    You're a total doll! Make sure you find a guy that recognizes that.
  • CaramelAppleSundae
    CaramelAppleSundae Posts: 21 Member
    Options

I learned a lot, especially about the people around me. My own boyfriend had even told me I needed to lose weight or I would never be considered "beautiful". That stung. a lot.
    So I took matters into my own hands, bought a treadmill, those reusable bags from Whole Foods and Trader Joes xD and said "to heck with this!" After a break up, my boyfriend and I got back together (he isn't in the guy in the pics) and he seems more supportive now, though I feel that sort of put a pretty big gap between us. We shall see how it goes.

Love doesn't put expectations. I'm very happy for you, but you should be with someone who loves you for you. My husband thinks I'm beautiful regardless of what I look like. I just want you to be with someone who thinks you are beautiful no matter what.

Exactly!!!! It is a huge red flag that he'd say that to you. And btw, you were absolutely beautiful at your biggest! He was dead wrong.
  • ginlyn39
    ginlyn39 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good job and if you want some advice from an old lady, dump the jerk permanently. Any man who doesn't see the beauty in you whether you are 27 pounds heavier than you want to be or not is not worth your time. You were beautiful before and after and you deserve someone who sees that.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    You are totally adorable, before and after!
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Girlie...you are slammin!! And if he doesn't see that (before or after) than I think it's time for a change of scenery!! Best of luck to ya, cutie!!
  • PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone! So this is kind of a first for before/after for me. I am really nervous haha. Only two people before now have seen all of these photos. Some of them I keep hidden (for self esteem reasons). But I am working on that :)
    A little about myself for starters I guess?
    My name is Jess, I am 21 years old. Just transferred to a new college to double major in English and Film. I am 5'5" on a good day. I started to try to lose weight about two years ago but I would lose and gain all over the place. I started trying to lose weight again in February of this year, and had a few more of ups and downs. Those I live with have.... well, very carb oriented diets. Don't get me wrong! I love pasta, breads, etc as much as the next person, but even I get a little sick of them!
    Okay... enough with the stalling D:
    Here is where this all started I guess....
    167_zps690fdace.jpeg
    Here I am at 167 pounds. Holy cow, I know.

160_zps79d2adc7.jpg
    Here is 160 I think... and also my mom haha (looking mad creepy I might add xD)

160a_zpse487086a.jpg
    This is also at around 160.

So I decided to try and do something about it.

And this is me now...
    I am around 140 at the moment, still not done yet.

140_zps5fe7f3bf.jpeg
    This was taken on my 21st birthday.
    140_zps273c010f.jpg
    As was this one.

140a_zps6aca7676.jpeg
    And this is me a few days ago.

So that's it so far. I still have a bit to go. My goal is 125. Thought I have gotten rid of all but 1 pair of my "fat jeans" just to see what the difference will be when I am all done. I have also started buying smaller sizes (ex. the one of me from my birthday in the dress, that's a size XS :D) I have done a combo of C25K and the South Beach Diet. Though I am not the most strict person out there xD
    I want to reach my goal before I go to my new college this fall. What a perfect way to start a brand new life, no?
    Thank you for reading all of this, I know it was a LOT. Not sure if I added the pics right? We shall see!
    Jess (RaspberryNezzie)

167_zps690fdace.jpeg
    140_zps5fe7f3bf.jpeg
    Jess, I just want to say CONGRATS!!! And thanks for sharing your beautiful story! You're absolutely STUNNING just as you are right now! If you want to continue losing weight to reach your goal of 125 lbs...go for it! But just know that you're beautiful right now at 140 too!

And to be truly honest with you, you were beautiful at 167 lbs as well. I'm being serious! I know that you don't know me, but I am the type of person who REFUSES to give empty compliments. I won't exclaim some big compliment if I don't honestly believe it to be true. So know that you were GORGEOUS even at your highest weight! (At least in my opinion!) You honestly do carry the weight well. Yes, you look better now, but you still looked lovely before too! And your boyfriend...to be frank, I don't think he deserves you. If a mere 20 lbs is going to make a difference in whether he considers you beautiful, then in my opinion, the problem is him not you! (I could understand a difference of say, 75 lbs, but only 20?! That's ridiculous!)

Jess, you're beautiful now and you were beautiful then and you deserve a man who sees your beauty and cherishes you! :flowerforyou:
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and great job! Keep up the great work!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options

I hope you learned that your boyfriend opinion is just his opinion. The old adage: beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Is very true! Dont sell your self short because of "anyones" opinion. Forgiveness is a good quality to have especially if words are said thoughtlessly. If such words are repeatedly spoken then i hope you realize love can be faux when it is injurious. Great job by the way!
  • jmperry18
    jmperry18 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look fantastic!! Keep up the amazing work!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look so pretty
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!