Feeling discouraged after weighing

Options
Hi
I've been doing mfp for 2 weeks now.
Netting 1300. Using body media fit to read my tdee which then amends my f p diary to eat cals back.
Feeling
Quite fed up and at the point I'm
Not sure whether to continue.
Week 1 - 2lb
Week 2 +2.5lb

So more than when started. I previously lost weight on weightwatchers but wanted it to be more of a life style change hence the move to mfp. It offers alot more flex. However it is a priority for me to lose!
5.4" and 9.5st are my stats. Weigh everything x i have been running 2-3 times a week and 30 day shred.
Thought the cals I was getting were over estimated but I'm not going to get more accurate than bmf.
Sorry for rant. So gutted this morning x

Replies

• WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sounds like muscle gain! Are you taking measurements, or feel any difference? For the first month or so that I started really exercising and paying attention to what I ate, I didn't actually lose much weight. I felt and looked different, though, and it has been getting better since.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Sounds like muscle gain! Are you taking measurements, or feel any difference? For the first month or so that I started really exercising and paying attention to what I ate, I didn't actually lose much weight. I felt and looked different, though, and it has been getting better since.

Unfortunately you're not going to gain a lot of muscle in a week.

Did you slack on the eating a bit over the weekend? Maybe have some extra sodium? I wouldn't worry about it. It's either a natural fluctuation or extra water weight from the weekend. Don't look at your weight in a single week increment - its more of an average over a larger amount of time. Some weeks you'll lose, some you'll stay the same, and occasionally you'll gain - but over a longer period you'll likely be averaging .5-1lb a week. Two weeks in is way too soon to stress! You've got this!
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    drop_it_like_a_squat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    According to http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ you're not even eating your BMR (= calories your body would need if you were in a coma).
    Use a calculator, for example the one I linked you to above, to work out your numbers and adjust them on MFP.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    If you have just started working out, it is highly likely that you are retaining water and glycogen in your muscles as part of the inflammation response associated with the healing process. Water is quite dense, particularly compared to fat, so it can balance or even offset losses from fat on the scale. Take body measurements with a tape measure as these will provide more reliable information than the scale alone will. It usually takes two to three weeks for the water weight to come off after a new exercise regimen is started, so don't let it discourage you. Also, as previous posters have suggested, make sure that you are eating enough and that your portion sizes are accurate.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You've only been trying this for 2 weeks - give yourself more time, at least 6 - 8 weeks. At 5'4" and 9.5 stone, you are already a healthy weight, so you will find it harder to lose. Set your goal to no more than 1/2lb a week.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Wonderwomarathoner
    Wonderwomarathoner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had no idea about the inflammation. Thanks for the info.
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You've only been trying this for 2 weeks - give yourself more time, at least 6 - 8 weeks. At 5'4" and 9.5 stone, you are already a healthy weight, so you will find it harder to lose. Set your goal to no more than 1/2lb a week.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
    Yes its a short time and I agree with above. Exercise is only a small part even though you feel you have worked hard out.