I'm 28 years old and just ran my first mile...

Options

Replies

• roverdisc98
    roverdisc98 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    excellent job!
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job!!! I hope to soon be able to run a mile without stopping :D
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Only started running a little over a year ago and am HOOKED for sure. Keep it up!!
  • lilibean01
    lilibean01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    An incredible victory and feat! Congratulations! Be very proud of yourself & don't stop -- keep going. I'm sure that you can achieve even more. Your best days are still ahead of you. :)
  • TheGr8Kimbini
    Options
    That is great! The only reason I'd be crying after a mile is because I would feel like I'm close to dying. I have to walk most of it lol.
  • sundaymae
    sundaymae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm very proud for you keep up the good work! if you need a friend look me up. Sundaymae
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    that really is fantastic. now that you are becoming more active have you thought about other activities?

Strength training. Both with free weights and TRX. My doctors told me my whole life I would be weak and have no muscle tone. Well....::flexes arm:: I proved them wrong. Lol. I don't have much, but it is a start.

I also have really gotten into hiking and backpacking and live close enough to the ocean I think I want to take up kayaking.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options
    Fabulous job!!! I hope to soon be able to run a mile without stopping :D

If I can do it, you can do it! You will have to let us all know once you do it as well. :)
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    I cannot wait to be able to say that! :) Amazing work! :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    that really is fantastic. now that you are becoming more active have you thought about other activities?

Strength training. Both with free weights and TRX. My doctors told me my whole life I would be weak and have no muscle tone. Well....::flexes arm:: I proved them wrong. Lol. I don't have much, but it is a start.

I also have really gotten into hiking and backpacking and live close enough to the ocean I think I want to take up kayaking.

wow...most people would have given up after being told that. the fact that you even attempted this is great but you didnt just attempt it.. you did it. and now you are going to start weight training..hiking..kayaking...i dont say this lightly but that is truly inspiring.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options

wow...most people would have given up after being told that. the fact that you even attempted this is great but you didnt just attempt it.. you did it. and now you are going to start weight training..hiking..kayaking...i dont say this lightly but that is truly inspiring.

Thank you so much. I just wished I ignored my doctors sooner rather than later. Lol.

It has been so hard and I have struggled so much, but oh my gosh has it been worth it and I never in a million years would think I would find achy muscles and sweating exciting and something to look forward to.
  • schuagah
    schuagah Posts: 15
    Options
    OP, I just wanted to let you know that your post really inspired me. I'm 30, and I've never ran a mile in my life! But after seeing your post yesterday, I promptly downloaded a C25K app and this morning I completed week 1, day 1 :) Thank you for being such an inspiration.
  • AshleyM2484
    Options
    You are amazing!!!! Don't stop :)
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That was me last year at the start of my journey! Keep going!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I just wished I ignored my doctors sooner rather than later. Lol.

It has been so hard and I have struggled so much, but oh my gosh has it been worth it and I never in a million years would think I would find achy muscles and sweating exciting and something to look forward to.

i would probably think the same thing but you just never know...maybe if you had tried at age 20 you wouldnt have had success and then never try again?
  • debra6590
    debra6590 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What does NSV mean?
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    congratulations!That is one of my huge goals and you inspired me even more.Way to go!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options
    What does NSV mean?

non scale victory.. At least I think that is what it means...
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!