Breaking the cycle, forgiveness and finding the fire!

Options
Hello! I started my weight loss journey almost two years ago. The things that brought me the most success were the things I had the hardest time diving into. Journaling my food and putting myself out there on MFP. Over the course of a year I was able to lose 60lbs. There was no magic formula or pill, just hard work through exercise and eating well. I don't know if it was a combination of stress or feeling too comfortable or laziness or my 'all or nothing attitude'....but I fell off the wagon and went back to my old ways of eating with no accountability. I was plagued with guilt and shame which served to only hold me down and continue the cycle. I've put on 25lbs of the 60lbs I had lost. I've had my time to grieve those choices and now I am letting go of the shame and guilt. I have to cling to the success of breaking the cycle and jumping back in with both feet. I've got my MOJO back and could really use some supportive friends to continue this crazy journey! :smile:

Replies

• VonTinka
    VonTinka Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That 25lb will go again in no time :)!
  • sam45890
    sam45890 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm finding maintaining just as hard if not harder than losing was. You don't have the little victory of seeing the lbs drop every week to keep you motivated. Feel free to add me:-)
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your honesty. I have lost 45lbs was 50lbs but have put 5 back on. I too got complancent when everyone started to tell me how good I was looking. I have taken my eye of the ball but like you need to get a kick up the backside and get it sorted out before I fall fast back in my old ways.
    I have stopped going the gym in the mornings with the pressure of work but from tomorrow morning I am going to go back and my work will have to wait. I am more important than that.

Thanks for helping me find my mojo.... Good Luck with the rest of your weight loss journey.
  • DDSMEW
    DDSMEW Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for your honesty. I have lost 45lbs was 50lbs but have put 5 back on. I too got complancent when everyone started to tell me how good I was looking. I have taken my eye of the ball but like you need to get a kick up the backside and get it sorted out before I fall fast back in my old ways.
    I have stopped going the gym in the mornings with the pressure of work but from tomorrow morning I am going to go back and my work will have to wait. I am more important than that.

Thanks for helping me find my mojo.... Good Luck with the rest of your weight loss journey.

Good for you!! You will be in a much better place to be able to handle the stresses of work after you've worked out. :) Feel free to add me!
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this topic. I am not at goal yet but will have to think about maintenance soon hopefully and I am trying to be pro-active about it and learn about maintenance before I am actually "out there without a paddle". My weight has gone up and down all my life, and the majority of it I was heavier than I was happy with. Now, finally, I think I am ready to be slim for life ... if I just make sure I get this maintenance thing down. You can lose that 25 lbs again ... I know ... and this time you will succeed in keeping it off. Good luck on your journey.
  • DDSMEW
    DDSMEW Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for this topic. I am not at goal yet but will have to think about maintenance soon hopefully and I am trying to be pro-active about it and learn about maintenance before I am actually "out there without a paddle". My weight has gone up and down all my life, and the majority of it I was heavier than I was happy with. Now, finally, I think I am ready to be slim for life ... if I just make sure I get this maintenance thing down. You can lose that 25 lbs again ... I know ... and this time you will succeed in keeping it off. Good luck on your journey.

Congrats on almost 30lbs lost since April! Thank you for the encouragement. :)