What is your go to exercise ?

Options

Replies

• kbcara
    kbcara Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    KORFBALL - mixed sex team - ball sport with similarities to basketball/handball/netball - regular training and matches and knowing will let the team down if I don't go keeps me committed.

Also love classes... anything with other people suffering alongside me ;0)
  • ericbenjamin59
    ericbenjamin59 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have done P90X, P90x2, Insanity and now starting Focus T 25 which is a 10 week program by Shaun T
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Cycling. Love cycling although still don't do mega distances.
    I'd like to add other things, mostly running, but not sure when I will start trying that.
  • lottogirly
    lottogirly Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    See another one who's lost a considerable amount of weight and cycling is your thing. I'm strongly leaning in that direction. It seems sustainable. But I still need to get toned back up.
  • lottogirly
    Options
    squats, deadlifts and planks

I think those are all great exercises. Great for the core muscles. :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    compound lifts for me ...squats, deadlifts, overhead press, chin ups/pull ups, etc...
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells for strength training, planks for core, walking, running, bicycling and kayaking for cardio.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I go on an exercise bike daily for 30 minutes and when its nice weather i go for a walk for about another 30 minutes but also i do squats, push ups on my knees, sit ups these exercises i call knee ups which is lifting one knee up at a time for a couple of minutes and boy do u feel it in the legs and my version of sparring it all still is strengthening the muscles and burning the calories
  • winsorsmom
    winsorsmom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I walk 2.5 miles every day during my lunch break and hit the treadmill on the weekends!!! I also take my two pups on hikes and walks around the neighborhood. I am going to actually mix it up a little starting this week and change my normal walking route as well instead of hitting the treadmill at the gym this weekend I am going to hit the bike and maybe the Jacobs Ladder (my gym is getting one this week).
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Arc trainer and deep water running :) Water exercises are great for your core :)
  • lottogirly
    Options
    Kettlebells for strength training, planks for core, walking, running, bicycling and kayaking for cardio.

Really? Kayaking? It's obviously working though lol :) and I have always felt kettle bells would be good. How do you use yours as In what specific movements?
  • lottogirly
    Options
    compound lifts for me ...squats, deadlifts, overhead press, chin ups/pull ups, etc...

Exactly what is a compound lift? Please don't make me google it.
  • annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Recently it's been strength. I just can't get myself to run in the horrible summer heat/humidity, and I hate treadmills.
  • 808haoleboy
    808haoleboy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting (deadlifts, squats, bench, push press, power cleans) and running. I'm doing the Honolulu Marathon in December so training for that takes time and dedication.

I add in gymnastics training and tabata workouts to fill in the gaps. Short, quick and fun. I never like to workout more then an hour total if can.
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Walking because I can do it anywhere/anytime. But if I'm at the gym I have a love affair with the Crossramp machine.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

the workouts that I listed are compound lifts....or are you looking for a definition?
  • lottogirly
    Options

the workouts that I listed are compound lifts....or are you looking for a definition?

No examples are fine. Thanks ????
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting :heart:
  • lalala06
    lalala06 Posts: 153
    Options
    Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire my all time fav workouts!
  • lottogirly
    Options
    Walking because I can do it anywhere/anytime. But if I'm at the gym I have a love affair with the Crossramp machine.

How romantic, lol :)