27lbs down during my husbands deployment, 50lbs total

Options
I decided that it was time to post pictures of my progress because I have hit a plateau and have been here for a while. So im pretty frustrated and i need to just focus on the positive and celebrate my achievements!! After having my beautiful daughter in january of this year i realized how big i was. Not only from just having a baby but the amount of weight i had gained before getting pregnant. The day i gave birth i was at 210lbs the biggest i will EVER be!!! (thats so hard for me to post for the world to see) I lost some weight within the first few weeks after having her of course but then everything just stopped. When my daughter was two months old my husband got a short notice depolyment and left two days after we were told he was depolying. At that point i decided that i needed to do something to keep me busy while he was gone so i joined this site and started working out. As of today i am down to 159lbs. I am back down to a healthy BMI and i have gone from a tight size 16 down to a loose size 11. I still would like to get down 20 more pounds.

This picture is from hard rock cafe in venice italy during carnevale about a month after my daughter was born (we are stationed in italy) Im the one in the white t-shirt
wkk08z.jpg

This picture is from a few weeks later in venice (a lot of family came to visit after my daughter was born)
kbpxkk.jpg

This is from a few days ago after my husband came home!!!!!!
5o291.jpg

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal!!!!
  • olney75
    olney75 Posts: 36
    Options
    lets try that second one again

kbpxkk.jpg
  • olney75
    olney75 Posts: 36
    Options
    sorry guess not....i might be young but im NOT tech savvy lol:laugh:
  • netgirl224
    Options
    You look absolutely fab! What a transformation - I am well impressed! (In my eyes) even if you didnt lose another pound that would be fine, but I know how it is to want to be at a certain weight etc, so keep it up - don't give up, if you are able to stick with it you WILL get through this plateau!

I'm also a military wife..and remember my husband's face when he came home & I had dropped some weight - it wasn't as dramatic as your weight loss - but it is always a surprise for them, isn't it? :-)
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congratulations on your amazing success! I'll bet your husband was pleasantly surprised when he got home.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    What a hottie!!!! Your hubby probably couldn't get his eyes and hands off of you!!! Great job!
  • Ready4Changes
    Options
    You look great !!! Gratz to you !
  • Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Woow :O you look amazing :)
  • TruSunshine
    Options
    How beautiful! Congrats to you for such a wonderful loss! You look awesome!
  • chroi
    chroi Posts: 20
    Options
    Looking amazing, very fit and healthy! Well done :D
  • mama050709
    mama050709 Posts: 100
    Options
    wow you go girl!
  • Equilibrium
    Equilibrium Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow -- you look great now!

Maybe now you should change your focus to toning what you already have, and just maintaining the current weight for a while. Then in a few weeks try going back to a calorie deficit and try to lose weight. I'm not at that point yet, but as I think I'm at a plateau, this is what I'm thinking about doing. It's hard to focus on weight loss and toning at the same time, as least for me.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I bet your husband was in absolute awe of the change! You have done incredibly and should be feeling very proud! :flowerforyou:
  • antiadipose
    Options
    u look GREAT!
  • justahorsen
    Options
    you look great.....and thank your husband for his (and your) military service .....
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Is your husband home yet??? I remember I did this too when my husband went remote or on one of his many TDYs. Its always a nice surprise for them. Does he know that you have been working out or is that a surprise too? Congrats on all the hard work!
  • goodgollymrsholly
    Options
    You look amazing !!! Great job !!!
  • Ferdiebirdy
    Ferdiebirdy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! Good for you(and him)!! I'm currently doing the same thing. When my hubby left almost 6 months ago I was a 14, I'm wearing 4's and 6's now. I was hoping to be down 30 lbs before he came home mid-October, but it looks like they are sending him home EARLY!!! YAY!!! I hope ya'll have an amazing homecoming!! Bet you'll look hot in whatever new cute outfit you pick out :)
  • sabsi
    sabsi Posts: 3
    Options
    WOW!! your hubby can be so proud to have such strong wife !! you had your own war to fight at home!! amazing job!! glad he is home!!
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    Your story is awesome!!! I hope you're SO proud of yourself and that you can be satisfied with the success you've already had. What a wonderful treat for your husband. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!