How much weight could you lose in 30 days?

Options
Hi guys, I'm really trying to get back on my diet after having a big break where I've put quite a bit of weight on, (graduation celebrations went too far!) I'm 5'5" and I think I weight about 145. I would really like to be down to 125 which I think is about healthy for me? I could do with kicking the weight quickly because when I really drag it out I lose focus. But if I go too extreme with calories I get hungry and break and eat something I shouldn't. So I was wondering how much people thought I might be able to lose in a month? I start a new degree on october 1st so I have a good 2.5 months before I need to be at my goal weight! (:

I was going to plan for 1300 calories a day and try to get started on a couch 2 5k. Does that sound alright?

Replies

• Via88
    Via88 Posts: 46
    Options
    I think everyone's body is different and how much weight you can loose a month depends on how well your body responds to the regimen you but it through. however, if you want to loose with and loose it for good it might be best to go the "slower" route. I think your goal weight is reasonable for your height and 1,300 cals sounds reasonable too. But you might want to look into this "eat more to weigh less" campaign that's going around. I just started it myself because all of my past "tricks" stopped working. I was on a 1,200 a day regimen and I wasn't loosing. So if you find that it's not working you might want to try looking into tdee and bmr methods. :)
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I lost 10.5lbs on average.
  • missyrawien
    missyrawien Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ohh ok, thanks! I've never heard of these, what are they? I will have a google. I heard that having a cheat day or a cheat meal every so often can actually help weight loss! So I might try that as like you I was on 1200 and I struggled to lose big. I'm trying to make a big impact while I have time to focus on my diet and health rather than just chipping away this time!