SOS! What else can I do?!

Options
2»

Replies

• sam45890
    sam45890 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with eating more and weight or resistance training. You might find you'll look the way you want without actually losing any more weight. I'mstill losing inches doing Jillian Michaels DVDs like the 30 day shred and ripped in 30 even though my weight has been about the same for the last 10 months. Good luck!
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    When I do my reassessments with a trainer I am losing inches everywhere, except arms and legs because im gaining muscle there he said....but I cant tell.

If you're continuing to see progress (either by your weight or inches going down), I'm not sure what the problem is. I think you need to readjust your expectations and realize that since you are already a healthy BMI and are close to your goal it is going to be a much slower process now.
    Focus on making your body stronger, both by putting good foods in it and through exercise, and measure your success through your workouts. Is your running time getting better? Are you lifting heavier weights over time? Challenge yourself and you will not only look great but you will feel great about yourself.
  • Kai_Milla1
    Kai_Milla1 Posts: 37
    Options
    "If you're continuing to see progress (either by your weight or inches going down), I'm not sure what the problem is. I think you need to readjust your expectations and realize that since you are already a healthy BMI and are close to your goal it is going to be a much slower process now.
    Focus on making your body stronger, both by putting good foods in it and through exercise, and measure your success through your workouts. Is your running time getting better? Are you lifting heavier weights over time? Challenge yourself and you will not only look great but you will feel great about yourself.'

I am seeing progress, inches and weight wise but not composition wise. I dont know if its just because I see myself everyday so I dont see changes but I dont think I need to reavulate my goal...Even though im at a healthy BMI, I could still go down to like 18 or 19 and be in the "healthy" range for my weight and height. The biggest problem that I feel like I am having is my stomach,
    like specifically my hips and waist. Inches wise, im apprently losing but I cant really tell anymore. I was able to see it in the first month now I feel the same no matter what...I know I could still afford to lose another 10 pounds, and I know you cant just lose from certain areas but the area I could afford to lose a lot more weight from is my hips and waist definitely. Arms and legs also, but I am toning those so I am fine with that...What should I be doing differently? The best way to burn fat in those areas are cardio right, I mean I cant tone my abs or stomach until I burn the fat first, right?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    "If you're continuing to see progress (either by your weight or inches going down), I'm not sure what the problem is. I think you need to readjust your expectations and realize that since you are already a healthy BMI and are close to your goal it is going to be a much slower process now.
    Focus on making your body stronger, both by putting good foods in it and through exercise, and measure your success through your workouts. Is your running time getting better? Are you lifting heavier weights over time? Challenge yourself and you will not only look great but you will feel great about yourself.'

I am seeing progress, inches and weight wise but not composition wise. I dont know if its just because I see myself everyday so I dont see changes but I dont think I need to reavulate my goal...Even though im at a healthy BMI, I could still go down to like 18 or 19 and be in the "healthy" range for my weight and height. The biggest problem that I feel like I am having is my stomach,
    like specifically my hips and waist. Inches wise, im apprently losing but I cant really tell anymore. I was able to see it in the first month now I feel the same no matter what...I know I could still afford to lose another 10 pounds, and I know you cant just lose from certain areas but the area I could afford to lose a lot more weight from is my hips and waist definitely. Arms and legs also, but I am toning those so I am fine with that...What should I be doing differently? The best way to burn fat in those areas are cardio right, I mean I cant tone my abs or stomach until I burn the fat first, right?

A calorie deficit is the only way to burn fat; neither cardio nor strength training will do that. The advantage of strength training is you preserve your lean body mass which makes your composition better. Cardio tends to burn a lot of calories and can lead to muscle loss. Overall, you can't beat genetics and you need to lose body fat all over.

Also, google strong lift 5x5. It even has an app that you can download and learn all the moves. I would spend a lot of time researching how to do the moves (which includes looking at form video's on youtube).

BTW, i fixed all your quotes. If you want to quote someone just hit the quote button near the reply button.
  • snarf432
    snarf432 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the people mentioning the strength training as a way to up your loss. However, you WILL have to eat more to build the muscle...also, you will continue to lose inches, but might actually gain a lb or 2. I know that sounds scary, but since muscle is more dense, it makes you look much slimmer than being at the same weight with a bit of fat on the hips.
    I would
    1) increase your calories by at least 300
    2) weight train and
    3**(I know its gonna be scary) DO NOT STEP ON YOUR SCALE for a month while you start your weight training. Take measurements and realize that how you LOOK and FEEL is FAR MORE important than the number on the scale. Take your measurements at the end of the month and believe that progress is INCHES lost, not scale pounds. Then SEE the PROOF of your progress before you step on your scale.!!!

Best of luck!