Can you use a Foreman Grill to make Paninis?

Options
I'm very excited today to be receiving my first of eight weekly veggie boxes from a local co-op and they sent this really great email with recipe ideas to use along with the fresh produce but one of the recipes is for a Panini and I don't need any more kitchen gadgets (my lazy susan just can't handle it) so I was wondering.... Can you make Paninis on a George Foreman grill? Is that a good substitute? Or is it not the same? I've never made a homemade Panini before so I really want to try the recipe but the old GFG is the only appliance I have that remotely resembles a Panini grill. What do you think? Could it work?

Replies

• malloryteresa
    Options
    I use mine for it all the time! Works out great! Just don't put any sandwiches with a lot of stuff in them close to the hinges as it will slide the top slice of bread off a bit.
  • knityoupants
    knityoupants Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES. It works so well that I honestly consider panini presses to be bourgeois nonsense.
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I use mine for it all the time! Works out great! Just don't put any sandwiches with a lot of stuff in them close to the hinges as it will slide the top slice of bread off a bit.

Yep, this. We use it all the time as a panini press.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    U bet ur @ss u could
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes. I refer to mine as my 'paninisator'.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Love my George Foreman! Best kitchen appliance ever and yes I've used it to make paninis, grilled cheese and breakfast sandwiches.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    all you need is a grill--who cares what it is for--in the end they all mash and cook and PRESTO a Panini !!