One year on MFP = 80lb loss (pics)

Options

Replies

• VISCIENTIST
    Options
    Congrats! I am very proud of you. You are an inspiration to me. You look wonderful!
  • MiKiTzLi
    MiKiTzLi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your hard work! Truly inspirational results!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! I love the progress pictures, its a great way of looking at the weight loss!
  • chivitaxxv
    chivitaxxv Posts: 21
    Options
    Good Job!!!!!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You are a Superstar! People on the Biggest Loser lose that much and get kudos and fame and become superstars. You are a Superstar in your own world. You overcame even with your leg problem. Great job! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Haha, I never thought of it like that.
    I was wondering. Did you read the success stories here for inspiration?

:blushing: What a great question. I'm a bit of an obsessive person, so when I do something, I do it obsessively. I'm a huge MFP lurker. I check the success threads and others at least twice a day. It's all part of my routine, wake up, make coffee, lurk the success threads. Then go about my day, get ready for bed, lurk the success threads. lol It really does help though, feeling like part of a community and watching others succeed. Since the beginning though I felt like "well that's just THEM, I'm lazy". I'd really like to let people know, I'm still a fairly lazy person. I didn't give up on my "me-ness". I just made some simple life changes. And well, the lazy thing gets better with less weight to carry around and just being in better health. It'll all work itself out.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Very inspiring!
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! Great job!
  • RockinMama_GA
    Options
    Unbelievable!! Congrats on your freedom!!
  • wbandel
    Options
    Also, you sound like you have more energy. I guess cause of the picture you painted of starting out not thinking you could do much. I want more energy and want to feel better. Again thank you for sharing

This is very true. This time last year my husband kept bugging me about going disc golfing with him, and I never had the energy to do it. I'd always get worn out and cranky. Now I like getting outside and doing more stuff, it's a lot easier to move around. Also my blood pressure and all that has also gotten better. I don't have specifics, but prior to weight loss every time I went in to see a doctor I got a warning about my BP getting high for my age, and now I don't get a second glance.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. The pix are a wonderful idea (I'm going to start doing that). I'm so happy for you. You look wonderful.
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You so have inspired me. We are the same in height and when I started this lifestyle change I was 255lbs in Jan 2012. I am now at 200lbs and yo yoing between 197 -202lbs these last few months. My goal was to get down to 195. I have been stalled with my weight trying to find something that works but I have not been consistent in my eating habits as I once was but want to make it to my ultimate goal. I have not been entering my food either (if I know it worked for me before, I am not sure what my problem is now. BUT will get back on track). I am a picture person and so thank you for all the pictures in your post. It helps with the visual progress. You have added to my motivation to get things back in order and hit my goal head on. I needed to read this today. Thanks so much~
  • nicole_go
    nicole_go Posts: 1
    Options
    You are amazing! I don't know if you ever browse reddit, but www.reddit.com/r/loseit would absolutely love to hear your story and see your progress. There is a great community of people on there and you are so inspiring! Keep up the great work! I can't wait to be where you are! :)
  • davypr86
    davypr86 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! You are truly an inspiration!
  • susanhardt
    susanhardt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love looking at your weight loss pictures. Keep us up to date on your continuing journey.:smile:
  • wbandel
    Options
    You are amazing! I don't know if you ever browse reddit, but www.reddit.com/r/loseit would absolutely love to hear your story and see your progress. There is a great community of people on there and you are so inspiring! Keep up the great work! I can't wait to be where you are! :)

I'm a bit intimidated by reddit, but I'll go ahead and share there. :) Thanks!
  • HulaHoopQueen
    HulaHoopQueen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You are doing phenomenally fantastic!! Great, great, great job!! Wait a minute, I left out a great! :) Congrats!!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress cutie!
  • lcransaw
    lcransaw Posts: 95
    Options
    Wonderful Job!!! You have inspired me to push forward!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!