New First Time Mom to New Site

Options
Hello,

As I mentioned in my subjet heading I am a new first time mom and I packed on the baby weight. I feel so icky about where my body is post baby and I want to feel like a woman again. I am officially starting my diet/exercise regimen on September 1st. My birthday is just around the corner and I want to look at least half decent in pictures instead of an extra from the teletubbie cast. I just want to say Hi to everyone and good luck on your goals. Feel free to say HI trust me I am not a shy one =]

Replies

• cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the baby. And welcome to this site. You'll love it here.
  • HaydonS19
    HaydonS19 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the new baby, My LO is 3 months old now...he is my 5th though.
  • BEL2901
    BEL2901 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcolme. I found this site by accident and I love it, sure you will too. Good luck and a big congrats on your new baby.
    Boy or Girl, Name etc..... I am sooooooooooo nosey lol
  • Christy_77
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a first time mom as well and got my 6-week clearance from the doctor yesterday. I'm breastfeeding and pumping and I'm supposed to eat around 1900 calories a day -- but the site says I won't lose weight with that calorie count. Is there a link for breastfeeding moms or FAQs as to how to customize your goals for breastfeeding?

Thanks!
  • ChubbiWhubbi
    Options
    Thank you very much for the welcome. I'm already starting to like it. :smile:
  • ChubbiWhubbi
    Options
    Hi Christy,

I am also breastfeeding and pumping, I am so jealous that you got clearance to workout. I am still at my 4 week mark and I have to wait another two weeks. That didn't stop me from asking my doctor at my 4 week check up with my daughter. He told me the same thing about the amount of calories I should be consuming, I know its for the baby and her health but I don't want to stay Chubby, I am searching for a happy medium. I did find a baby friendly diet that allows me to eat richer leaner foods that will help me lose weight while providing my little one with a ton of nutrients. If you want the link let me know :wink:
  • ChubbiWhubbi
    Options
    Hi BEL2901,

Thank you for being so nice and welcoming me. =]
    I have no problem sharing, I have a one month old girl and her name is Mariana =]
    Do you have any children?
  • MarieH0709
    Options
    Well hello and congrats on your little one.
    I just wanted to say this is a great website and another one that I go to is What to expect when your expecting.
    great group of women and in the community section there is a Health and fitness and everyone gives great advice and great surport.
    good Luck to you.
  • ChubbiWhubbi
    Options
    Hi babygirl0914,

Wow Congratulations on your 5th!!!
    I am overwhelmed with just one. You are a very brave woman!!! =]
  • Christy_77
    Options
    Hey ChubbiWhubbi,

Thanks and I'd love the link. I had a little girl as well and I know how you feel b/c at 4 weeks I was ready to start doing something, but I ended up delivering by c-section and even though I felt fine, I knew I had to take it easy for another couple of weeks. I'm just glad my doctor didn't make me wait 8 weeks. I'm back to swimming and walking now, and it feels great. I gained 27 pounds during my pregnancy and I was probably carrying 10 pounds I didn't need before I got pregnant. I lost half the pregnancy weight right away but the remainder is stuck on my hips and thighs and upper arms -- which sucks because I thought I'd have nicely toned arms from lifting my baby all the time!