Question for people who lost weight already

Options
13»

Replies

• krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I do occasionally go over my calories. Typically it's a weekend or special occasion such as a family get together. I usually walk into those days knowing I'm going to go over my calories that day. It's not worth beating youself up over it. I may go over my calories one or two days a week but I haven't gone over my weekly calories in a long time. Most days I eat less than what I'm alloted due to exercise, I eat some of my calories back but not all.

37422413.png
  • powerplaymsu
    powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have to tell you that I am in the minority here. I almost never went over. I only lost significant weight when I didn't go over 1250-1400 cals I was allowed before adding in the exercise. Right now I want to lose ten more and am eating approx 2200 cals and working out everday and not losing a single pound(I fluctuate between 189 and 193lbs). I have been losing inches around my waist and chest so am not worried about where I am headed.

To sum it up, I lost the majority of my weight when I ate at below 1000 cal net per day. I know this isn't real popular and don't suggest it but that is how my body works.
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Actually going over isn't what has an impact on my weight loss... It's the IDEA of going over, the idea of failure, even if it's just for one day! I think my biggest obstacle was learning to get over the small mistakes and just get right back to it. Going over one day doesn't mean you've failed, it means you've lived and will go right on living... It's what you decide to do the next day that determines if you will keep losing weight or fall off the wagon. I have let one day of overindulging ruin months of progress for me in the past. I'm so done with that!!! :glasses:

You are awesome, don't let anything (especially something as small as going over on your calories!) slow you down!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Were there days during your journey that you went over your calories? Or was it rather the will power not to give up and keep trying that you lost weight?
    many days I went far over calories listed as goal. Many of the time when you're going over your goal, you're still not going over your maintenance number. Even if you do, it would take more then one day at a surplus to ruin your plan for the week.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I did when I first started, but now only on those rare occassions, such as holidays or special events and even in those instances I make sure I get in a good hard workout to make it worth going over.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm over all the time. Well, not all the time, but frequently. If I'm within a hundred or so on either side, I'm calling it good. I'm over already today and may eat more if I'm hungry. Tomorrow will be a whole new story. I've been over by thousands-several times. It's about finding the balance you can live with forever. As long as you're eating under your TDEE (averaging out over the long haul), you'll lose. Even if you go over your mfp calories. Promise.

This is it exactly, I tried to balance the week altogether and stay within a small margin of my goal. But there were days I went quite a bit over, and on those days, or for vacations, I made my GOAL maintenance calories.
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I've went over calories,I just tryto keep on pushng on. Not thinking it's a DIET, but a change for good.
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I tried my hardest to stay under whenever I could, but there were days when I had to choose between staying under my goal and being absolutely miserable, or going a little over and not having to deal with the hunger pains. There were also days where I went way over. Did I feel bad about it? Yeah, but here I am 32 pounds down and a few splurge days here and there didn't even cause a bump in the road. Just remember it's a guideline, not a lifeline. Eat when you need to, don't when you don't.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    lately I have been going over my calories a lot. I too try to always stay under my tdee. I plan to stay under my calorie goal at least 6 days a week. I have 10 lbs to go to my goal weight and I have relaxed a lot. My diary is open if you want to take a look. I have not lost anything in about 3 weeks. Its time for me to regain my focus.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I go over my net goal, several times a week sometimes. Some days I even go over maintenance.:bigsmile: I'm sure my diary is pretty scary looking. :laugh: I still have a ways to go, but so far it hasn't stopped my weight loss.:drinker:
    Me too. :laugh: I do not have the diary of a traditional dieter. Upsy, downsy, and often dirty. :blushing: But I have been dabbling in IF too: a fasting day covers a multitude of sins. :wink: I seem to stay consistently losing 1-2 lbs a week as long as I have an average weekly deficit.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I go over just about every day, but I stay under my TDEE so the weight has to come off
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Very rarely if you're seriously on the weight loss goal. I think it was probably only twice in 2 months for 26 lb loss :smile: