Sleepy after workouts?

Options
Anyone else?

Just curious. I get SOOOOO tired after working out..... just want to ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................

Replies

• Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! Everyone talks about all the energy they have after working out, and all I want to do is take a nap. Very very sleepy. I don't know if it's just such a relaxed state or if I've exhausted myself, lol. But, you're definitely not the only one. I have found it's getting better and if I hold off and don't lay down I do get my energy back.
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    me too! so instead of fighting it, I work out at night. Around 8-9, shower, then I am out like a light! :-)
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    me too! so instead of fighting it, I work out at night. Around 8-9, shower, then I am out like a light! :-)

Same here. I thought there was something wrong with me because I wasn't energized after. I tried working out in the morning once... never again.
  • Cherry_Blossom
    Cherry_Blossom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that someone finally said that they get tired after working out. I feel if you aren't tired after working out then you probably didn't work out hard enough. At the same time don’t push yourself so hard that you get burned out because you are always tired. That's how I was to the point where I just stopped working out. Now, I am trying to find that happy balance working out enough but not too much where my body is exhausted. I’m still trying to figure it all out with the help of myfitnesspal. :smile:
  • faithjones83
    faithjones83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Maybe I need to work out at night because I get so sleepy afterwards, but then at night I go to sleep sooo late just sitting around the house. I know I am not getting enough sleep. Maybe if I work out right after I put the kids to bed and clean kitchen I will go to sleep earlier. I guess I'll give it a try tonight
  • JustBeckyV
    JustBeckyV Posts: 182
    Options
    Sometimes yes and sometimes no lol Just depends on when it is and how much I have done during the day or what not.