Few Ingredient Guacamole Recipes Please???

Options
mommy3457
mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
I want to make some for dinner. So, do you know any?

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    2 Tablespoons of salsa from Costco and 1/2 an avocado :) Can't get much easier than that!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do dont put mayo, greek yogurt or sour cream into it.

Simple easy peasy:
    Soft avocado.
    cut it lengthwise give it a twist and pull apart the halves. Pull out the pit. Scoop out meat.
    Lime
    Garlic powder
    Onion powder
    Salsa

Yum!
  • jcc4
    jcc4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mine is very very basic.

Ripe avacado (1-2 avacados)
    Fresh Lime juice (1/2 a lime)
    garlic powder (to taste) (1/8-1/4 tsp? - not sure never really measured just put a few dashes/sprinkles)
    Season all (or Lawry's Seasoned Salt) (to taste) (1/8-1/4 tsp? - not sure never really measured just put a few dashes/sprinkles)
    A dash of tabasco (optional - if you like a bit of heat)

Mash up the avacado, add the lime, seaoned salt, garlic powder, stir and enjoy!
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    i use avocado and whatever of the following i have on hand

lemon juice AND/OR tomatoes (you need an acid to reduce browning)
    any or all of: garlic, onion, green onion, cilantro, jalapeno
    salt to taste.

mush together to desired consistency. I like to let it sit in the fridge for a few hours
  • shimmer615
    shimmer615 Posts: 55
    Options
    This is mine:

avocado
    garlic powder to taste
    tomatoes
    red onion
    lime juice to taste

I'm sure you can use whatever you want - this is what I have found to be my fave and not taste like grass. :smile:
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    i use alittle taco seasoning (mine homemade so less salt) and a little lime juice if on hand the kids love it... also started using a old fashioned potato masher to mix it up makes it so easy...
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I use organic avocado, organic lemon juice, and organic garlic or organic garlic powder, and organic tomatoes. I squish them together, and they are divine! Reminds me I should make some nice crispy tofu and eat it together...hhmmm. Thanks for the reminder!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Avocado
    Lemon juice (or lime)
    green onion
    liberal amounts of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    if you are eating it right then and there, ripe avacado and salt to taste and finely chopped red onion to taste.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm making a "Chipotle" inspired pork dinner, and guacamole makes the meal so thank you for your recipes! :smile:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Alton Brown's recipe is my absolute favorite. The ingredients are things you may have around the house, but maybe not, so hopefully this will work for you:

Avocado, Cumin, Cayenne Pepper, clove of garlic, tomatoes, lime, salt, and onion. I skip the onion and you could easily skip the tomato. If you want the ratio just google his recipe.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I use:

avocados
    tomatoes
    onion
    lime juice
    cilantro
    salt
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    if you are eating it right then and there, ripe avacado and salt to taste and finely chopped red onion to taste.

This is the only way I ever eat it. :D
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    a few avocadoes
    fresh lemon or lime juice ( for flavor & to avoid browning)
    salt

optional - diced tomato-seeds removed
    optional - diced onion

and don't mix it too much. Leave it chunky. :-)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    This is mine:

avocado
    garlic powder to taste
    tomatoes
    red onion
    lime juice to taste

I'm sure you can use whatever you want - this is what I have found to be my fave and not taste like grass. :smile:

This is how I make mine :) I usually add in some cilantro, too...super yummy!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    2 Avocados
    60-90grams Trader joes No Sodium Added Fire Roasted Salsa
    Diced Onions
    Diced Jalapeno or Cayenne
    Lime Juice
    Garlic or Garlic Powder (optional)
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My Kroger store sells ready-made pico de gallo in the produce department. I just mix a container of that with one or two avocados if I don't have a lot of time.

P.S. They also have guacamole seasoning packets where you would find taco seasoning and such. Just add avocados.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    You can go as simply as mashed avocado with lime juice and salt to taste. This is often how I make if all I have is avocado and lime.

I prefer it with some finely diced onion, tomato, and jalapeno topped with cilantro but I like almost all guacamole. Unless it's made with one of those seasoning packets; then it's not so good.
  • terlyn20
    terlyn20 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    this is not a short list.

Haas avocados
    roma tomatoes
    green onion
    fresh lime juice
    cilantro ( torn )
    sea salt and large blk pepper flakes
    chopped jalapeno

optional: 4 slices ( or more ) real bacon chopped in and 1 or 2 T. of Sour cream mixed with the lime juice.

for a short list. got to avocado, tomato, onion and lime juice. ( or a really go Salsa )
  • zeroinfish
    Options
    2 Tablespoons of salsa from Costco and 1/2 an avocado :) Can't get much easier than that!

I agree with this. Think about what you see in most fancy guacamole recipes. It's mostly the same ingredients that are already in salsa, like tomatoes, onions, red pepper, etc! Use a chunky salsa for best results. You can mash the avocado with a fork and have guacamole in 1 minute.

The only other thing I would add is some lemon or lime juice, since the tartness adds an extra layer of flavor and it prevents the avocado from oxidizing (turning brown) so quickly.