Exercise calorie calculator help

Options
Hi I am new on this program I LOVE it but I am having a hard time finding the exercises I am doing. I work at a school as a playground surpervisor. I am on my feet all afternoon in the sun walking around and helping children. I am sweating my butt off. but I can not find anything that is like what I am doing and I am afraid that it is putting the walking as too many calories burned. Does anyone know how to accurately find out how to figure this out. I am very committed to the program and I really feel like it is working but I don't want to over eat because it says I have extra calories. Can anyone help me?

Maoldham

Replies

• vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I would tell this program that you had an "active" lifestyle, because I bet you are as active as most of retail clerks. There may be better suggestions.
  • flyingspatulas
    flyingspatulas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I agree with vkpmusic, set your MFP as "active" and it should adjust your calories accordingly. Try it for a few weeks and see if that works. :)
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, instead of putting it as an actual exercise, put you have an active lifestyle.

If you were wanting to add it in extra though I would by a HRM or go for slow walking.
  • maoldham
    Options
    Thanks I will go in and do that now
  • GirlTenney
    Options
    I never add any of my regular every day stuff as exercise. The only exercise I add is actual working out. Good luck to you!