Darn you Husband for bringing this home!

Options

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that found it weird that the OP started eating something out of the fridge that her spouse had brought home, without checking with the spouse about the item?
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that found it weird that the OP started eating something out of the fridge that her spouse had brought home, without checking with the spouse about the item?

I don't find it weird at all, anything in the fridge is fair game at my house! :laugh:
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Depends on the house. In my family it's understand that some items are open, but that some are for specific members or occasions.
  • sammysnino
    Options
    Yes, and amen!
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

In my house if it is in the fridge, it is fair game. I never have to worry about my greek yogart or cottage cheese lol.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

Depends on the house. In my family it's understand that some items are open, but that some are for specific members or occasions.

Same here. The black forest cake Greek yogurt is his, the raspberry acai yogurt is mine. Other than that it's all community property.
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! Their red velvet cheescake is quite amazing, but holy smokes that's alot of calories. Good to know. I will be avoiding cheesecake from now on
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    [Am I the only one that found it weird that the OP started eating something out of the fridge that her spouse had brought home, without checking with the spouse about the item?

Yep. If it's in the fridge, it's fair game, unless there's a name on it.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Split it with him then go for a run/walk/hike/Zumba... you get the idea.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options

Yep. If it's in the fridge, it's fair game, unless there's a name on it.

Names don't count in marriage... unless it is MOM :bigsmile:
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    According to the book.... Eat This Not That. The Cheese Cake Factory is the single worst resturante chain in the nation for folks trying to eat healthy. Portions are gigantic, and loaded with fat calories. Everything from there is suspect.
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Totally my weakness...I hate myself later for eating it but it's so hard to stop at just one or two bites :smile:
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Last night I had an Omaha steak cheese steak slice thawed out for my snack. Then my wife after being sick for a couple of days said she was finally hungry so I gave her the cheese cake and I ate an apple. I do not know if I deserve a pat on the head or a kick in the butt. Maybe I have been counting cals too long:sad:
  • lcransaw
    lcransaw Posts: 95
    Options
    Uhm, just knowing that now ruins any desire to splurge on that. I can't imagine how many calories I have consumed at the cheesecake factory. Glad you stopped yourself. Don't beat yourself up. Just get up and try to work it off!
  • nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    He can drop a slice off at my house next time. Please?

I'll tell him to take it to you instead!
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Uhm, just knowing that now ruins any desire to splurge on that. I can't imagine how many calories I have consumed at the cheesecake factory. Glad you stopped yourself. Don't beat yourself up. Just get up and try to work it off!

Thanks! I killed my leg workout today! Hopefully, that helped to burn some of the extra calories!
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Last night I had an Omaha steak cheese steak slice thawed out for my snack. Then my wife after being sick for a couple of days said she was finally hungry so I gave her the cheese cake and I ate an apple. I do not know if I deserve a pat on the head or a kick in the butt. Maybe I have been counting cals too long:sad:

I would give you a pat on the back for having amazing willpower, that's what I struggle with the most.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Totally my weakness...I hate myself later for eating it but it's so hard to stop at just one or two bites :smile:

It is! I could have easily polished off the entire thing in less than 2 mins! I'm surprised I was able to stop myself!
  • nyla2120
    Options
    According to the book.... Eat This Not That. The Cheese Cake Factory is the single worst resturante chain in the nation for folks trying to eat healthy. Portions are gigantic, and loaded with fat calories. Everything from there is suspect.

I can imagine, luckily I never eat there anymore.