One year on MFP = 80lb loss (pics)

Options

Replies

• ajominy
    ajominy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC job!! Congratulations to you! You are so right, a year does seem like a long time but it does go by so fast. I was shocked at how much I was able to accomplish in 1 year and how quickly it flew by. Keep up the fantastic work!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW..fantastic job
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies and encouragement. It means a lot! :) Best of luck to all of you.
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! great inspiration!

i started at 245 and am currently at 195. my goal is 10 more lbs. so i can relate to what you have been through! :D thanks for the motivation!
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I love these stories!
  • cathyjes
    cathyjes Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow - you're a real inspiration! How did you get your tummy so flat?
  • wbandel
    Options
    Wow - you're a real inspiration! How did you get your tummy so flat?

It's just slowly gotten flatter over time by losing fat. I did do 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30, which has helped build muscle underneath. I still have a bunch of loose stomach fat on top, hopefully if I lose a couple more pounds and wait a while it'll shift around and tighten up. I've heard a lot of people say that lifting weights can also help with that, so that's what I'm going to be working on next.

Good luck. :)
  • cathyjes
    cathyjes Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi
    I checked recently with my doctor who has suggested I get on and do tummy exercises - I'll check out the 30 day shred. And may even take up some light jogging- my main exercise just now is brisk walking and exercise bike 3-5 times a week.
    Your post really motivated me - thanks for sharing your journey:)
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    good job hunni.
  • wbandel
    Options
    Hi
    I checked recently with my doctor who has suggested I get on and do tummy exercises - I'll check out the 30 day shred. And may even take up some light jogging- my main exercise just now is brisk walking and exercise bike 3-5 times a week.
    Your post really motivated me - thanks for sharing your journey:)

When I first started I had a really weak core and back problems. So I did a yoga/pilates video to begin with (Super SlimDown: Pilates Yoga Blend, which you can find on youtube). I think it helped increase my flexibility and helped with getting strong enough to do the moves in the Jillian videos. It kind of depends on what point you're starting from. Most people could probably do 30 Day Shred, but if you wanna ease into it I'd suggest starting with something like yoga or pilates.
  • NoreenF
    NoreenF Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing and you and your dedication and commitment is inspiring. I loved your quote that you just refused to reward your laziness--so you would not buy a bigger size of pants. That hit home and will be part of my new mantra.

Thanks so much for sharing!
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking this-you look fab ;)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,300 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • ShortStuff35
    ShortStuff35 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! I love the idea of a 10lbs loss timeline! I hope you don't mind but I'm sending a FR!
  • chook021
    chook021 Posts: 6
    Options
    What an inspiration!! I live in Australia and have about the same amount of weight to lose but I am 5'1" in heght. I have live with a weight issue since my teens and was born with bad legs. I cannot play sports on a competative level but to enjoy sports for fun and do line dancing for cardio and do boxing and weights for strength and tone

I am new to MFP and this is one of the first posts I read. I will try the photo thing too and see if this will help with the motivation as well. Wish I knew how to do the Friend thing I keep reading about
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    you = awesome!!! love your story & the pics are amazing! you look happier and younger now too!!
  • IndianPrincess8888
    IndianPrincess8888 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Awesome !!!!
  • wbandel
    Options
    What an inspiration!! I live in Australia and have about the same amount of weight to lose but I am 5'1" in heght. I have live with a weight issue since my teens and was born with bad legs. I cannot play sports on a competative level but to enjoy sports for fun and do line dancing for cardio and do boxing and weights for strength and tone

I am new to MFP and this is one of the first posts I read. I will try the photo thing too and see if this will help with the motivation as well. Wish I knew how to do the Friend thing I keep reading about

You can friend request someone by clicking on their name next to their icon. That will take you to their profile or a little page that will say "add friend" or something along those lines. Then it'll send a request to that person. You can also write a message to them.

I know what you mean about sports. My doctors told me after my blood clot that I shouldn't do anything that could result in an injury. So I do pretty impact free stuff. The only "sport" I do is disc golf, and I don't have to worry about breaking or spraining anything there. I can send you a friend request if you like. :)
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump for inspiration! That's incredible, good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!