Darn you Husband for bringing this home!

Options

Replies

• allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,533 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that found it weird that the OP started eating something out of the fridge that her spouse had brought home, without checking with the spouse about the item?

Yep. If it's in the fridge, it's fair game, unless there's a name on it.

Names don't count in marriage... unless it is MOM :bigsmile:

Ditto that! But my hubby doesn't eat LEFTOVERS anyway..... he was bringing it home to his baby (me) anyways! :love: :blushing:
  • nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Split it with him then go for a run/walk/hike/Zumba... you get the idea.

Exactly! Normally if we eat a desert in a restaurant it's at least split between my DH, daughter & I. But, I was so tempted to have it all to myself!
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yesterday after my workout my running partner and I had a TON of calories left and were thinking about splurging on some Dairy Queen Blizzards... That plan ended when I looked up the calories in my favorite one, the Georgia Mud Fudge. Coincidentally it has the most calories of any Blizzard on the menu and a large (which I confess I have eaten before) has 1,420 calories in it. A mini (it's TINY) has 420 calories. We decided not to go after that and made instant pudding instead. :sad:

We went Canoeing yesterday and decided to get blizzards after as a reward for our excersize......all I can say is it's good I looked it up on the way there, because I was going to get a small....as soon as I saw the calories, that quickly changed to getting a mini!
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Holy cow! Their red velvet cheescake is quite amazing, but holy smokes that's alot of calories. Good to know. I will be avoiding cheesecake from now on

I know! It's one of my faves! :sad:
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Am I the only one that found it weird that the OP started eating something out of the fridge that her spouse had brought home, without checking with the spouse about the item?

In my house if it is in the fridge, it is fair game. I never have to worry about my greek yogart or cottage cheese lol.

Same here! I never have to worry about anyone stealing my healthier foods lol!
  • mamillien1
    Options
    OH MY.... but it must of tasted SO GOOD!!
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Cheesecake may be bad for your waistline but (occasionally) it's good for your soul.........

It was sooooo good for my soul! I haven't had cheesecake in a really, really long time! I cherished every bite!
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Yesterday after my workout my running partner and I had a TON of calories left and were thinking about splurging on some Dairy Queen Blizzards... That plan ended when I looked up the calories in my favorite one, the Georgia Mud Fudge. Coincidentally it has the most calories of any Blizzard on the menu and a large (which I confess I have eaten before) has 1,420 calories in it. A mini (it's TINY) has 420 calories. We decided not to go after that and made instant pudding instead. :sad:

Well, good for you for making a better choice! I wish I could say that I always do that.
  • suzbaru
    suzbaru Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake may be bad for your waistline but (occasionally) it's good for your soul.........

Obligatory Cheesecake Group!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2653-the-cheesecake-group

Because things like this aren't the end of the world.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/461619-ny-cheesecake-morph

Nutrition - 1 cake: 885 calories; 127g protein, 62g carbs, 13g fat.
  • nyla2120
    Options

Yes, you are the only one. It's our house & our fridge. We are a family. So all the food is fair game lol!
  • nyla2120
    Options

Amazing thread! Thank you!
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    here is an alternative taste good too

2ch4c5y.jpg

Calories 120
    Total Fat 4 g
    Total Carbohydrates 6.5 g
    Protein 20 g
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

:heart:
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    YUMMY ... I'll have a bite or two :bigsmile: but I am surprised at the cal count, must have been one hell of a slice.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options

Yes, you are the only one. It's our house & our fridge. We are a family. So all the food is fair game lol!

It's a community thing at our house too... But if you eat my cheesecake, you deserve EVERY LAST FREAKING calorie!

And I'd probably jiggle your thighs when I jumped into bed for good measure.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    here is an alternative taste good too

2ch4c5y.jpg

Calories 120
    Total Fat 4 g
    Total Carbohydrates 6.5 g
    Protein 20 g

That is an awesome alternative! Thank you! I'm going to see if they have it on Amazon right now!
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Funny image of you hastily sticking the cheesecake whopper back in fridge! Seriously, this is what I like about MFP. It is so easy to check nutritional info. I am getting to the place now where I am checking before and switching to improve overall nutrition and not just calories. But if you slip, it's good to just enjoy and move on.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Funny image of you hastily sticking the cheesecake whopper back in fridge! Seriously, this is what I like about MFP. It is so easy to check nutritional info. I am getting to the place now where I am checking before and switching to improve overall nutrition and not just calories. But if you slip, it's good to just enjoy and move on.

That was so me yesterday lol! I enjoyed it very much, but I'm also glad to day was a new day. Thanks :smile:
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options

Not at all. In my house if there's something you want that's not yours then ask if you can have it first. If you don't someone or everyone will pay. lol
  • nyla2120
    Options

Not at all. In my house if there's something you want that's not yours then ask if you can have it first. If you don't someone or everyone will pay. lol

Well everyone's different. But, in my house we all share & all food brought in is fair game.