Just went to the Dr's :(

Options
Went to the Dr. and got an eye opening visit. I was so much heavier that I ever thought, my cholesterol is elevated, my knee is a mess and I need vitamin shots every 2 weeks! How did it ever come to this? I just turned 44 last week and realized that I can't keep living this way if I want to stay healthy. I lost 60 lbs on WW a few years ago. Then I did Zumba 5 days a week and lost a ton. I am a school teacher, so I am always busy. I never stop to eat good food or take the time to exercise the way I used to. So, here I am for the last time to keep track of what I eat and how I move! My daughter has been using myfitnesspal for a while...not to lose any weight, but to help her just keep track of what she eats and how much exercise she is getting.

Replies

43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP .. sounds like your daughter is supportive.
    That will help you a lot but this community is awesome too!
    Just log all you do/don't do .. eating right and moving are key.
    Hope you have the best of success and your next Dr. visit
    is much improved! :)
  • carmenrn96
    carmenrn96 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn,

I can totally understand the "eye-opening" experience. My experience came in Jan 2013. I am no longer pre-diabetic and have significantly decreased my blood pressure. I still have some weight to lose, but I'm on a new path in life. I know the my best advocate is "Me". However, it helps to have support like MFP community. Good luck to you. Carmen
  • antdogs
    antdogs Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    yes this pace is super awesome! i was motivated by others here! and dropped 36 still going! you can do it!
  • cczap80
    cczap80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    We've all been there too. I lost 65lbs and gained almost all back due to pregnancy. Working my way back down slowly but surely. MFP is a fantastic way to hold yourself accountable but also vent and find support. We are all there with you!! Keep going!
  • Krissy501
    Krissy501 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi there, this is my first post and I chose you to reply to! :) My heart goes out to you. It sounds like you are really discouraged. Look at what you've done though! You've taken the steps to get Medical clearance for an improved fitness plan, you've signed up for MFP, and you've reached out by introducing yourself. Those are all extremely big important steps! Hang in there, take one day at a time, and lean on the friends you will make here - we all have our issues! :)

Have a better day!
    KP
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    you can do this. we're here for you!!!
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have always been up and down in my weight (mostly up), and that is why now i am not looking on this as a diet to be on for a time, but a total new way of life. As a result, I am working hard at eating more healthy, making wise choices and exercising, but keeping in mind that this is for the rest of my life so am making it livable. To avoid binges, I will allow myself a bite of a treat (and log it), and the occasional treat meal or dessert (emphasis on occasional--once a week or two weeks) and seek to keep within my calories. If I occasionally go over, I don't worry about it, Wishing the best for you on your journey.