Creepy guys/girls staring at you while working out?

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    suck it up and just run outside...i live in Phoenix too and its not that bad. 119? id stay in but 110ish? outside!
  • TheMaliciousBunny
    Options
    I was wearing an old club t-shirt from middle school and saggy basketball shorts. The only thing provocative about me were my watermelon nikes. Hmm, should I have been wearing a parka?

sometimes, less is more.

I don't quite understand the context of this. Care to clarify?
  • TheMaliciousBunny
    Options
    Thank you (:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    In most cases this happens because of how someone is dressed. As I said If this is NOT the case talk to the gym manager. If that is not helpful if possible look into another fitness club or an alternate time to attend the gym.

Yes, yes, we know. You manly men are just so unable to control yourselves around women who make you realize that women have boobies and whatnot. It's so hard on you. However do you handle the strain, going around every single day not being a total *kitten* when some woman is flashing her ankle or something in front of your tender, virgin eyes?

You poor poor men. How difficult a strain it must be, to act like a decent human being no matter what another adult whom you have no control over chooses to put on in the morning.

tumblr_lnfxmvdbxO1qhz3hpo1_500.gif
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    In most cases this happens because of how someone is dressed. As I said If this is NOT the case talk to the gym manager. If that is not helpful if possible look into another fitness club or an alternate time to attend the gym.

Yes, yes, we know. You manly men are just so unable to control yourselves around women who make you realize that women have boobies and whatnot. It's so hard on you. However do you handle the strain, going around every single day not being a total *kitten* when some woman is flashing her ankle or something in front of your tender, virgin eyes?

You poor poor men. How difficult a strain it must be, to act like a decent human being no matter what another adult whom you have no control over chooses to put on in the morning.

^All of this. :flowerforyou: Victim blaming, ftw. :grumble:
  • TheMaliciousBunny
    Options

I LOVE YOU! I was too scared to say this because I am horrible at comebacks, so I applaud you graciously.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I think you gotta contact the manager. Nobody should have to be scared to work out or scared where they live.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    i love it. I especially do the splits so that they walk into something and embarrass themselves! muahahaha
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,918 Member
    Options

Some of us manly men are remarkably discrete. In fact, some of us older bulls help guide the hormone-laden younglings with a smack upside the head when they forget their manners. Just saying...
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    When am working out I am in the zone. Everyone else is dead to me so I would not notice anyways. It is so bad, most likely if you get in my way I most likely will run you over if am running or doing any calisthenic exercise.
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    When am working out I am in the zone. Everyone else is dead to me so I would not notice anyways. It is so bad, most likely if you get in my way I most likely will run you over if am running or doing any calisthenic exercise.

that feel
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    its not just the guys who are staring. I caught a couple cougars at the gym this weekend watching me doing deadlifts and bent over rows. After that felt like eye were boring into the back of my head.
  • carlos13th
    carlos13th Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Trying to say that women should dress differently to avoid leery stares is standard victim blaming. Maybe tight pants and a sports bra are the most comfortable thing to work out in. No matter how attractive a girl looks we all have the ability to not stare and leer. Sure they may catch your eye once in a while but im pretty sure most of us are sensible enough to realise that staring at a girl in the gym is unlike to make her comfortable.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    How do you know he ran at 6.5 mph? I mean, that's awfully specific.

Oh, and I got cat called today minding my own business walking home from the gym without a shirt on. It totally freaked me out. I'll probably never wear my shirt again.
  • carlos13th
    carlos13th Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Oh, and I got cat called today minding my own business walking home from the gym without a shirt on. It totally freaked me out. I'll probably never wear my shirt again.

She was the one running at 6.5

You might get cold.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

She was the one running at 6.5

You might get cold.

Thanks. My short attention span strikes again . . .
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    i love it. I especially do the splits so that they walk into something and embarrass themselves! muahahaha

This is what I would say. Lol Big deal. Ignore it.. unless he follows you out, I would call police/tell manager.
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options

^All of this. :flowerforyou: Victim blaming, ftw. :grumble:

THIS, I was reading this topic to share a funny story about my school gym, and then got really really angry when among the FIRST responses people showed that they've been brainwashed by a flaw in our culture.

It is NOT THE FAULT of a girl for getting creeped on, whether she is wearing a sports bra or a burka. It's the fault of the guy for being creepy. I hope someday every parent spends more time teaching their boys to be gentlemen than demanding their girls to cover up by shaming them if they don't. It'd work a lot better.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    America's general prude upbringing and sesationalism of sexuality has really effected men and women.

*heh at ankle flashing. lol.
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options

So, do you have any workout stories with any creepiness factors?

So I am assuming you are looking for creepy stories as opposed to convicting this person as a serial creeper and this thread got a little off track. Here's a story for you -- So my son is talking to me on the phone, walks into the fitness center looking for his girlfriend who I will add at this point is pretty good looking. He is in there around 5 min turns around walks out the door to see if she is waiting outside. He gets out the door on the sidewalk and this dude rushes out the door and starts yelling at him for ogling this dude's girlfriend. My son tells him, "Man, I have no clue what you are talking about or who your girlfriend even is." The man says his girlfriend told him my son had been staring at her for a long time, and threatens to beat him up if he catches him around her again. About that time my son's girlfriend walks up and asks what the problem is. The mans mouth apparently fell open and everything got really quiet, after a long silence the man shook my son's hand and apologized, saying he had apparently mistook him for someone else. This may not be creepy, but it still is strange and funny.