Help! Not hungry enough to eat 1200 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• angelatwardosz
    Options
    im having the same probem.. i eat a lot of nuts to help me get near 1200... im never hungry
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yep I have to remember, if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all as I delete multiple responses.
    *sigh*
  • RebeccaSarah16
    Options
    When I'm eating healthy, i find getting to 1200 calories is difficult too! I've been using peanut butter and it's bringing my calories up. If you are eating anything that is specifically low calories, switch it for the regular version!
  • xoxomarshmallow
    Options
    I'm the exact same. People would moan at me for eating around 600-1000 cals a day.. well it's 4 months on and i've lost weight and kept it off! i sometimes eat 1,200-300 if I'm eating a takeaway once a week or so. People who say you gain twice as much when you start stuffing yourself again are talking poop tbh.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Usually in the summer I find myself eating less, probably from laziness. I usually consume 400-1000 calories in the day and it just feels like I'm stuffing myself, I rarely feel hungry. My workouts are generally when I go to cheer practice and I'm usually starving my the end but I finish around 10 and I know how bad it is to eat late at night. I've tried eating a lot more before practice but it needs to be a couple hours in advance so I don't feel food flopping around I my stomache while I tumble, so it usually doesn't work.

It is not bad to eat late
  • StefieLou
    StefieLou Posts: 45 Member
    Options
  • zimmerem
    zimmerem Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few suggestions about drinking your calories. I just want to caution about that as not all calories are created equal. Most drinks with high calories are also high in sugar which will not help you with your weight loss. Maybe a protein shake that is low in sugar might be an option.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I know how bad it is to eat late at night.

It also doesn't matter when you eat. If you're hungry at 11 at night after practice, eat.

A lot of people experience night terrors and nightmares or crazy dreams if they eat late or right before bed. I am one if these people. I can't eat past 8 or I will have a restless sleep.

I can not eat later at night either. I never eat past 8pm, I go to bed around 11pm. It is just a really uncomfortable feeling for me to go to bed with food on my stomach. I would much rather be a little hungry when I go to bed then eat and get uncomfortable, while trying to sleep. With that being said, there are ways to get in 1200 (or more), calories easily. Just today I had 1/4 a cup of shelled walnuts, yummy and 200 calories of good fat. I cook with olive oil (120 calories in 1tbsp), and usually have some avocado (1/2 is around 138 calories) with my dinner. All relatively high in calories, but good fats. It adds up.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Have a couple tablespoons of peanut butter throughout the day. If you can't eat that, then add them to a small smoothie.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Naked and Bolthouse Farms make lots of nutritious drinks and you can get calories in that way too. Or chocolate almond milk. I like Naked Green Machine, Bolthouse Farms carrot juice and eat a snack with it like whole wheat crackers and cheese or peanut butter. Or just lift heavy weights, that always gets my hunger going.
  • dennymac76
    dennymac76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    stupid ignorant thing to say. your meant to be on here to get fitter not something to do while you wait on your ograns packing in! @blah
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem, I cut out fast food and cokes and have much less of an appetite since starting. I am also not very active but I am a pretty big girl at 294 pounds. Sometimes if I eat too much I can't keep it down, everyone is saying to drink your calories but since I am diabetic I can't have anything too sugary, I mostly drink water and the occasional orange juice. Any advice on what I should be doing different?

Do you like nuts? They're pretty calorie dense and if you snack on them then you'll pretty soon reach your calorie target. They're reputed to be good for your health, too.

I like nuts. Yummy.

itt people tell a 300 lb girl to eat nuts. wtf is wrong with you people?