First workout of New Rules of Lifting for Women done!

Options
Just finished the first workout in Stage 1 of The New Rules of Lifting for Women:) I wasn't really sure what weights to start with but I thought I can easily up the weights next time if I needed to. I used lower weights than I do doing the same moves in body pump but I wanted to make sure my form was right.

It felt a bit disjointed as I had to keep referring back to the book/log as I was going along but I'm sure that will lessen as I learn each workout more. I don't really feel like I've done much though so I'm guessing I used too low weights?:/ I am doing it at home so had to use the modified exercises written in the book such as barbel row instead of seated cable row.

Anyone who has completed this or currently doing it how did yo feel after the very first workout and what weights did you use?

Also anyone who is about to start this and would like to work through it with me let me know, I would love to have someone who is doing it at the same time to discuss it with etc!

Replies

• snowfox1
    snowfox1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am just currently reading the book now, add me if you like :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I started lifting using this book and it was love at first rep ;)

A word of wisdom..........Tylenol will help.
  • katiwagner
    katiwagner Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of reading the book, I can't wait to get started. So because of that I can't offer any advice but I would love to hear what other have to say!
  • HungryCaterpillar121
    HungryCaterpillar121 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just did day one yesterday. How was your first week?
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You should join the NROLFW group, if you haven't already. It is super helpful!

I did the barbell bent over row for the seated cable row since I was using weights at home.
  • lauraaaaxo
    lauraaaaxo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just did day one yesterday. How was your first week?

Sorry I completely forgot I had posted this and hadn't checked for replies! My first week was good and now that I know what doing it doesn't feel so disjointed and it's not taking me so long to do each workout. On week 3 now but working out at home and struggling with the heat in the UK at the moment but powering through! How are you finding it so far!
    You should join the NROLFW group, if you haven't already. It is super helpful!

I did the barbell bent over row for the seated cable row since I was using weights at home.

I did have a search for other topics but I didn't realise there was a group, just joined it now thanks!