Riding Out A Plateau...Like It Or Not.

Options
2»

Replies

• reneeisnowhere
    Options
    I would hardly call 4 days a plateau. Also....

Funny%2BPictures26.jpg

It isn't linear...

Soooooo True
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    One cool thing - to make you feel better is to hit the REPORTS on the MFP tab above. ok you can see your results by the last 7 days, the last 30 days, the last year. THAT is encouraging. Hope you will see a steady downward path of your numbers. You can see it maybe like a step or a series of lines - you go down down down, and then go straight for a bit, and maybe go up a tiny bit, and then it starts going down again. I hope im making sense..

That seems to be a huge encouragement. To see the big picture actually.
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The tape measure is your best friend,
    The scales are that friend that says the odd inappropriate thing from time to time.

So agree with this... I lost fairly steadily for my first 15 months on MFP, then got stuck in the 180s for what seemed like for ever... in fact about 4 months or more - up a bit, down a bit. Finally got successfully into the 170s and it is doing it again... BUT I am changing shape and losing inches still!! And so I cling on to the NSVs... the looser rings, the bones I can feel, my watch strap being at its tightest notch for years!

Exercise seems to be the key to this... have been busy gardening, which probably does not use up as many cals as MFP says it does, and have not been getting to the gym or doing one of my walk/runs. And any time there is any sort of social occasion with food and wine, I seem to put on a pound or so! So again, am probably not logging every crumb accurately.

At the end of the day, it is down to me, and at the moment I am relaxed about the slow loss, as I know that I WILL get down to a normal BMI eventually - it is a lifestyle change.

And the Great South Run is getting closer, so must begin to train seriously for that... the challenge is what I need!!
  • 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck in the same 3 kg for 2 months now. But people are commenting on my weight loss and I have dropped a clothes size.

Scales are not reliable indicators of progress, I know that in my head but still find myself standing on them every day :)
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Just an update for all my MFP friends. I lost 0.2 pounds on Wednesday and another 0.2 pounds on Thursday. The mini plateau has ended. I did not change my food plan or try anything desperate. I just stuck to what has been working for the past 6 months and trusted in God for the rest.