Goal outfit or article of clothing...?

Options
13»

Replies

• Mellzicious
    Options
    Jeans for me too. A really cute pair I bought online that were too small.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of camouflage Mudd jeans Junior sizing 13)
    I wanna wear soon. For a second they fit but hormones
    ruined that. I'm working on wearing them before too long.
    I'm sure there are other things but I'm pacing myself .. :)
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Mine is a pair of tiny shorts that I bought for cheerleading training... the sizes came up TEENY WEENY so I can barely fit them over my butt! I think it's good motivation to have something like that to look to as a goal, as long as it's realistic! :)
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    I got three size 16 outfits that I have had since my daughter was little. I want to back into them before I get rid of them.
  • angryjake
    angryjake Posts: 39
    Options
    Borat-Supplied-5862946.jpg
    Twelve more pounds...
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I was shopping for something specific on the weekend.... but couldn't help but browse the clearance rack and wound up falling in LOVE with a pair of jeans

(that I can't get on over my rear end)

but they were dirt cheap
    (we're talking $5.00!)

so they came home with me.

Am I setting myself up for disappointment/failure?

*I think my hips are in & around the 42 inch mark, and i'll need to take a good 4-5 inches off to have a HOPE of getting those jeans on!

Or have others done this too?

(either with an impulse or motivational buy... or something old from your closet that you can't let go??)

Hoping I haven't lost my mind.

I totally did that and had the pair of jeans in my closet for literally like 3 years. Pulled them out yesterday and THEY FIT! I wore them to work.

When they're that cheap, I don't see any harm. I mean, worst case, even if you lose enough weight, they don't fit right, but for a couple dollars, who cares.
  • nikkayelizabeth
    Options
    2 piece bathing suit

A Burberry winter coat

Be able to exercise in pants and a sports bra.
  • Suzyp0414
    Suzyp0414 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I want to wear some shorts! I was staying with my family and my younger brothers girlfriend is like 100 lbs petite and 5 years younger than me and as nice as she is I can't stand being around her because she dresses in short shorts and little shirts and yes, I am jealous. I haven't worn shorts since high school, and I haven't even worn a dress since before I was pregnant. I want to wear some shorts and feel good about it!! And yes, I also have a duffle bag stuffed in the corner of my closet of clothes I hope to fit into again one day. =)
  • nwatrous
    nwatrous Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I lost enough weight to go from a size 10 to an 8 in gap jeans. I almost got into a 6. By that I mean, I could get them on, but they were too tight and I never wore them in public. I would have gotten into them had I kept up the healthy lifestyle. Except that I didn't. Now I'm busting out of my size 8s. I'm just getting started again but I have those size 6s in the back of my closet. And I will get into them this time!
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Just this morning I pulled out my goal jeans! put them on...they're sooo close, but still muffin toppy, took a picture, and put them away! I will do it again next month until I'm happy with how they look! The day they look great EVERYONE will know :)

For $5 heck, why not! You'll get there :)
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Back in January when a local thrift store was having a half off sale, I bought a bunch of size 12 pants. At the time I was size 16 on the cusp of size 14, now those size 12s are too big. So at the end of the month when they have another half off sale, gonna stock up on size 10s and 8s.
  • JasminBillings2922
    Options
    I plan on finding my perfect wedding dress and using that as my goal outfit. :)
  • Zenjaeie
    Zenjaeie Posts: 95
    Options
    I don't own anything like that, but my motivation is looking good in a crop top!
  • lillie02
    lillie02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Miss Me jeans that I bought and fit into very comfortably three years ago that I would love to get back into. I also bought a cute sapphire blue cocktail dress that I want to wear to my husbands Christmas party this year. It fits now but is tight around my hips and chest. It should definitely fit come December.