What are your fav things for meals?

Options
Do you grill? Eat Frozen? What are some of your favs for meals? Do you follow a food program such as Jenny Craig? Thanks!

Replies

• Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I love food. I do not starve myself I eat clean and lean foods. Lots of chicken breasts slow cooked, baked, grilled... anything but fried. I eat what my taste buds tell me to eat.

Slow cooker chicken ranch tacos.. YES PLEASE!

Chicken or Tuna or Veggie chili hell yeah!

Eat what you want to eat just eat right. You know what to avoid.
  • BethersinMN
    Options
    Thanks! It's a learning process that's for sure. :)
  • amorales5931
    Options
    I have become a fan of brown rice. Recipes abound for casseroles, rice n beans and so much more. I started the FAT SMASH diet recently and I'm learning all sorts if uses for brown rice. I'm a HUGE white rice fan, but never have brown rice a try.

Most of my veggies, I buy frozen. Honestly, it's just easier.
  • katpatoneill
    katpatoneill Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of frozen stuff- and some random fresh fruits for some variety. I'm actually quite proud of my diet right now for being a college kid. I heat up some veggies on the stove, add some frozen shrimp, a little cumin, and I got my quick dinner. That's probably my go-to meal. When I'm not super hungry, but know that I need something to hold me over, I grab some strawberries, spinach, a little OJ, shove them in a blender with loooooads of ice, and I have something that will hold me over until a real, actual meal. I adore sunflower seeds, too. And as my favorite special ultra treat... turkey burgers. Even when I wasn't watching what I ate I adored turkey burgers. God... so good.

When I'm on campus, though, it's hard to be mindful of meals... the food courts suck. But they do sell these little oatcakes I love, then I grab a yogurt or string cheese to go with them.

If you can't tell, I'm a huge fan of snacking, which is really what got me into this mess anyway. :P My meals are never big enough to make a big deal over, especially since I don't have a family to cook for and it is just me, myself, and I. I usually just go with basics, add one spice, then done. I'm too lazy to do much else, haha.
  • hotchick14
    Options
    I like to eat a balanced meal w/ a lot of vegetables
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I love rice dishes ...and fried foods ......love them...just gotta measure and stay in portion...I edited to say that I LOVE pork skins...and will never give them up lol...that is probably my one weakness besides chocolate sadly enough
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like to use and abuse the slow cooker. The food may not look 'pretty' but it comes out tasty. Our favorite dish right now is kind of bad (I've fixed it for my family and fiance twice now). Bacon Ranch chicken w/no yolk noodles.

I have to get away from fried foods, which is hard, since I grew up on fried foods. (Constantly moved due to the military...)
  • kats1957
    kats1957 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love to grill. Some of my faves are chicken--marinated in whatever you like, fresh (out of the garden, if possible) vegetables, and potatoes (wrapped in foil and spritzed with spray butter and pepper). I use a skillet, with holes in it for grilling, on the side burner of my grill for the vegetables. I toss them in a very scant drizzle of olive oil and grill on medium high. It only takes a couple of minutes. YUM!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    ground buffalo and sweet potatoes are my staple foods. i usually try to make something using either or both. but roast beef and mashed potatoes takes the cake for all-time greatest
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Chipotle, double chicken, brown rice, medium salsa, sour cream, just a sprinkle of cheese and lettuce.... Add guac if it fits my macros....
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    My fave breakfast: coffee, Tbsp almond butter, 1C fresh blue berries, an optional avg of secondary
    fruit like pineapple. Lite laughing cow if I'm wanting the extra.

lunch: cast ironed cabbage/cauliflower/brocolli slaw

dinner: grilled brussel sprouts w/ 4.5-5oz grilled chicken breast
  • Barefoot115
    Barefoot115 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I try to eat fresh fruit, lots of fresh veggies and lean proteins for the majority of my meals. I make lots of salads, veggie based dishes like curry or veggie (pasta free) lasagna. I try to be wheat free thought it is hard at times, luckily it just doesn't agree with me which makes it easier. . I also try (don't always succeed) not to eat any ready made meal from a box, processed foods, fast food, or frozen meals. I feel like the preservatives in these meals cannot be good for you. I believe breakfast is important, so I pre boil eggs at the beginning of the week to make sure I have a quick breakfast ready in case I do not have time to make one of my normal smoothies.
  • Live4theLift
    Live4theLift Posts: 329
    Options
    Slow cooker chicken ranch tacos.. YES PLEASE!

Please for the love of god give me that recipe haha sounds great!!

I eat loads of chicken, fish and from time to time red meats. Healthy fats and carbs are also a staple
  • BethersinMN
    Options
    I was doing Jenny Craig. I like it! I just really can't afford it right now! :( I feel like I could make the same good choices on my own and through exercise and using MFP.
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My staple go-to dinner is grilled or baked chicken breast, shredded, with couscous. The couscous can be a bit bland, so I sometimes liven that up with a dash of chili powder, and add grilled artichokes, sundried tomatoes, red cabbage. I could eat that every day!

Traditional porridge for breakfast made with mostly water (and about 30ml of semi-skimmed milk) with chopped prunes - zap it all in the microwave - and then add chopped banana or kiwi fruit, and a dash of Clarke's Maple Syrup.

I get free meals where I work (good food, too!) and I'll either go for the salad bar, which is excellent, or whatever the really nice chap behind the counter recommends because I'm really useless at making up my mind. They do a really good salmon fillet, and bream, the chicken is always good... and then have that with fresh vegetables and maybe, just maybe, minimal potatoes (but not very often). And then a fresh fruit salad.

Today was unusual in that I had the gnocchi with bolognaise sauce, but left quite a bit of it as it was a VERY generous helping. And, of course, leaving food on the plate always makes me feel virtuous :wink:
  • BethersinMN
    Options
    Such great ideas!!!!! :)
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Breakfast.. 1 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt, 3/4 cup chocolate fiber one cereal and one cup fresh blueberries or strawberries.. Mix it all together and I promise you will enjoy