Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LunarPhases
    LunarPhases Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Keep up the good and inspiring work!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    WOW, you have done a great job, congratulations.

Can't you get a vascular doctor to fix that leg?

I haven't really looked into it, though I did see a hematologist. He never suggested anything more to what I was already doing at the time (year following my injury). My doctor at the time of the injury never mentioned any other options, just blood thinners. I think that's part of why I got post thrombotic syndrome. I wasn't told to wear compression stockings until I went off my blood thinner treatment, and by then my valves had already been damaged. I wore compression stockings for the first five years. At this point I don't notice a huge problem, it's more of just an inconvenience. It's always larger and a bit darker in color, but otherwise it moves fine, just with a bit of lag. It's gotten better with jogging and biking. Only problem now is that it still gets tired quicker, especially by the end of the day.

I'm not really sure a vascular doctor could do anything as the clot spanned my whole leg. It looks like varicose veins from the outside, but it's my main veins which are the problem. I know people can get stents and stuff, but that would probably put me at more of a risk of another clot, and I'd have to go back on blood thinners, probably for life (which is another risk as it'll kill my liver over time and would put me at risk of internal bleeding and bleeding to death if injured). I think ultimately it wouldn't be worth having surgery. That's why I wanted to take a "natural" approach and just do the best I can with building up secondary veins and muscle to help pump blood instead.
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing :)
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    With hard work comes great results, good job !
  • cragucci6212
    Options
    your my hero
  • k_carrier
    k_carrier Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, your story is super inspiring and you look great!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    wow, just wow!! :love: You've really transformed your life, you've gained strength, stamina, confidence ..the list goes on.. Fantastic job!!!

You're truly an inspiration:flowerforyou:
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story! Congratulations, you look great!
  • Ambeee11
    Ambeee11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you for sharing your story! What an achievement! Congrats
  • DucksandOranges
    DucksandOranges Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    wow I love your every ten pounds pictures! pretty amazing, you can really see the change in each one! well done!
  • elenabrodet
    elenabrodet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    congradulations! you are definitely an inspiration. I hope in a years time I can show similar success like you have. Keep up the good work !
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Your dedication is inspiring!
  • mameakua
    mameakua Posts: 3
    Options
    WoW! You look great.... congrats :)
  • hancorbin
    hancorbin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!! How did you like C25K? I am just starting it. Were you able to keep up with the program?
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    Your story and motivation is inspiring. Great job!!
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    wow ! amazing !! you look great !!
  • 2BVeggie
    2BVeggie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What a transformation.

Surely folks do not recognize you if they have not seen you in some time. Looking forward to a year now. What a difference. Thanks for sharing all the photos at increments. You rock!
  • nadine1975ca
    Options
    OH Wow, you look amazing, such a boost factor for me to see the transition that you and many others have made. Congratulations so very proud of you
  • belleamour
    belleamour Posts: 31
    Options
    very inspiring! you look amazing! good work. thanks for sharing your story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!