Pellegrino as Daily Water Intake

minus15go
minus15go Posts: 27
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
I love Pellegrino and Perrier. It's just sparking mineral water with bubbles so it can count as my water intake right?
I know this might seem like a dumb question but I just wanted to make sure there aren't any drawbacks to it.

Replies

• blondskyeyes
    blondskyeyes Posts: 22 Member
    I count my Perrier.
  • You'll want to track it if it contains sodium, otherwise I think it'll be fine to consider it the same as plain water.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    I'd say anything without caffeine counts! But if it has other ingredients like sodium or sugar then I would ALSO add it to your diary just to track those things.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    My fiance would only drink carbonated water until a nutrition consult told him water is better than carbonated, because your body doesn't have to process it before it can use it. Water is just more efficient.

Not sure if that helps.
  • while straight up water from the tap (or the bottle, whichever you like best) is better for you and easier for your body to process there is nothing wrong with mineral water with a bit of bubbles (its all my BF will drink...though he also just drinks the flavored kind....trying to wean him off the icky flavored crap he drinks but thats another story all together XD) check if it has sodium i would think you should count it in your diet then as well (which is why i count my fave green tea, dang soduim!) but i think you can count it!
This discussion has been closed.