One year on MFP = 80lb loss (pics)

Options

Replies

• mjgo56
    mjgo56 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! And an inspiration to us all. I am not a youngster like you, but I do have an 80 lb loss/goal as well. I feel that whatever I do, it will have to be an improvement in all areas to my health and well-being. Thank you for sharing!
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    NeverTooLateForChange Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Awesome work. By the way, you look like Ashley Judd.
  • dcmitchell01
    dcmitchell01 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I have the same amount of weight to lose (80lbs) but am much shorter (5'3"). It is so inspirational to see successes like yours. Good luck with your ongoing efforts! You look great!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!! How did you like C25K? I am just starting it. Were you able to keep up with the program?

I finished it, but the one I was using just trained me to jog continually for 30 minutes. Which would be fine, if I could do 5k in 30 min. Instead I was going 2.5miles in the same amount of time. So now I'm using the runtastic app and keeping track of my time. I'm pacing it out the same way too with three days of 2.8miles, then bumping it up to three days of 5k. I stopped for now since I'm in a summer course and I like to jog in the morning and it doesn't work with my morning class. Once my class is done this week I'm going to start back up with it though. So kinda yes and kinda no. It's definitely worth doing though. :)
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134
    Options
    Great story!!! THANKS for sharing!!!
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm proud and grateful to have you as a friend on MFP :)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look great. I don't know if this makes sense, but you look like a babyface kid in the before pic. You look like a woman in the "now" pic...but you still look younger. Doesn't make sense to me, so I prob didn't explain that correctly.

But here is something that I CAN say correctly--CONGRATS!!
  • KC7997
    KC7997 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! WTG!!
  • ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous - great job and commitment
  • JenniferLee76
    Options
    You Look AMAZING !!! WAY TO GO !!!!!!!
  • fitnthinby34
    Options
    Your journey is incredibly inspiring! Congratulations on such amazing success. Your stats are very similar to mine as I am starting out. I love the idea of pics per 10 lbs. I will be taking pics tomorrow to begin. I look forward to seeing more of your successes.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments and support everyone! Looking forward to this next year with all of you. :)
  • ProMooch
    ProMooch Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story and transformation, you truly are an inspiration! A big well done to you!
    Seeing stories like yours only give encouragement to keep working toward our ultimate goals (even though I still don't have a final goal)
  • lmethven
    lmethven Posts: 16
    Options
    Amazing transformation and story, you look fantastic. I wish you all the best for the next year and thank you for taking the time to post your story, truly inspiring for others like myself who are just beginning their journeys and those who have already started.
  • Lorijp
    Lorijp Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great loss! You look Awesome! What an amazing inspirational story!
  • dconnolly818
    dconnolly818 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! I love that you thought to take pictures every 10lbs too, now that I'm starting to see some change myself I really regret that I don't have more pictures of the journey. You look great, keep it up!
  • chinakat72
    chinakat72 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!! I also had a blood clot in my leg about 9 years ago, which ran from my femoral artery to my ankle. Turns out I have two clotting factors, I had just had a baby 2 weeks prior, and I was overweight. All big clotting risks. I have been trying to get my weight under control ever since, to reduce the chance of recurrence. I lost about 80 lbs and then got pregnant again and gained a bunch back. Now I'm down another 45 and still going, just slowly.

Just to give you hope about your circulation issues, my leg aches and muscle pain have subsided a lot with time and staying active. The best advice (which you probably already know) is to keep your leg elevated as much as possible! Whenever you are sitting, just prop it up on a chair or ottoman. The pooling of fluid and blood from just sitting down can really increase the damage to your leg. That, and compression stockings. I HATE them, but I wear them as often as I can. It has helped get my legs back to the same size.

Keep up the good work, you're a true inspiration!
  • sexxy_dee
    sexxy_dee Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Very inspiring. I just joined MFP a couple of days ago. I hope for the same success.
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I love the ten pounds pics! Great work!
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    Wow.. happy for you! You look awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!