Workout NSV

Options
All my life, I have never been able to do a push-up. Not once. I mean, I would get into position, and go down, but wouldn't make it up again!

Today while at the gym, I was working on arms, and was like what the heck, let me see my progress (I was going to do modified ones to increase my strength on top of my weight training I already do). To my MAJOR surprise, I got into position, went down... and made it back up. 5 TIMES! It was so exciting just realizing that I could do it, and I will no focus on increasing that number!

Lately, I have been noticing a huge amount of NSVs, and I love it!

What are some of your NSVs?

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good for you! :)
  • epros39
    epros39 Posts: 17
    Options
    Congrats man! Pull-ups for me. I started off not being able to do a single pull-up but now i'm killing it. Keep up the great work!!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    A couple of my workout NSVs lately: I can go over an hour on the elliptical machine at my gym, doing intervals (slow, then fast, repeat ad nauseum...) and can do that constantly at resistance level 13, no matter the program I put the machine on. Oh, and my heart rate never goes above 159 while doing that, too. (I'm in my 40s)

Also, I can do 3 sets of 10 modified pushups before I can no longer do any. I still cannot do the normal ones on my toes, but when not doing pushups, I'm working on holding planks as long as possible. I can hold for longer than 30 seconds, but just barely, as everything starts really shaking and quivering, ready to give out at that point.

I can run a 5K in less than 30 minutes, and my next goal is to beat 25 minutes, then 20, if possible.
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    After 3 Kids In 5 Years, I Finally Fit Into My Summer Clothes From Before The Second Baby Came!
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Starting point was walking lunges with no added weight - now... Walking lunges with an extra 16kgs (dumbells.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!