MY BOYFRIEND WENT TO THE GYM WITH ME!!!

Options
After a year of asking he finally said he would go - we have a small 24 hour gym in our apartment complex that is free so there is really no excuse at all not to go, he has always said he was too tired or that his back was bothering him but for the first time he wanted to go with me. He actually volunteered without having to nag him and did a full hour work out with me. We both have a considerable amount of weight to lose and just a few weeks ago he agreed to start eating healthier with me after finding out he was nearing 300 lbs. He still eats burgers and pizza a few times a week but has adopted veggies and fruit on a daily basis and cut out the chips and cheetos. After the workout we shared iced tea lattes made from Yogi's Slim and Detox tea blends and he told me he wants to start going to the gym with me 3-4 times a week and swimming on the off days - I'm so happy I'm actually in tears! I've posted on here before about being in a less than supportive relationship when it came to weight loss and it makes me feel like I must really be doing something right for him to finally want to be a part of it :)

Replies

• iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • missmimichan
    Options
    that's amazing! you guys will be such a great support system! wish i had a buddy!
  • nspink22
    nspink22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That's great! It'll be good bonding time for you guys and you'll both be much healthier, too! It's so much easier when you have support, and you can now motivate each other :)
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!!!

My fiancé kicked me in the butt Monday and said, "Let's go work out." So WE did. I was impressed. Tonight, he looked at my food diary and decided I needed to have protein shake to get close to hitting my macros and commented that I (WE) needed to eat less sodium laden foods. It's so nice when they get involved for the good of things. Proud of him and happy for you.
  • R55T
    R55T Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: This is a huge breakthrough. Kudos to you for your patience in letting your boyf come to the decision on his own. I believe the weight loss journey for both of you will be a happier, motivating & supportive one from this point onwards.
    All the best in both of your journeys, separately & together. Keep smiling.
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    yep, he wants to make sure no one is stepping on his woman. My hubs has seen a difference in my weight he is joining in the action too.
  • nrz242
    nrz242 Posts: 76
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I know the post was shamelessly self serving but I was just so excited I had to tell somebody :)
  • MissPandaSquish
    MissPandaSquish Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That is awesome news! Having someone to support you and participate in gym time really is a blessing. I find it a struggle sometimes to exercise by myself because I get bored easily. Having a partner in crime would be fantastic.
    Both of you are now taking a lead in becoming healthier and providing motivation for each other. Woot.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    after i dropped some pounds, my back pain totally went away

now there is something to look forward to