I am not very happy!!!

Options
I got in from work after a 12 hour shift, and very carefully prepared my lunch for tomorrow - everything carefully weighed and calorie counted.
Then I sat down with a cup of tea to watch The Big Fat Challenge on TV (a UK reality show about the fattest family in the country and their feeble attempts to lose weight and failing).
A few minutes ago, my daughter came in with my tupperware lunch box in her hand. It was not only empty but had teeth marks in it:grumble:
.And Phoebe the dog was looking guilty as she licked her lips.:sad:
Ah well, I hope she enjoyed all 262 calories of it:laugh:
Now I need to make another lunch - and there's no tuna left now.:frown:

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    :sad: I feel your pain!

:laugh: but funny too! :bigsmile:

Tuna is highly overated anyhow :wink:
  • missboriken
    missboriken Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't have dogs, but I am always hiding my healthy pre-packed (that, like you, make for work) snacks from my teenager daughters!
  • kfdbuddy
    Options
    it's not about the bad times it's about how we handle them,,,keep your head up
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Oh no! My dog is the same way though! Can't leave anything too close to the edge of any counter tops!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Darn that Dog.:grumble: Oh well maybe you can think of something even tastier.
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    maybe its a blessing in disguise and you'll end up making *intro musical fanfare* THE MOST DELICIOUS LOW CALORIE LUNCH IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF EVER!!! *ending musical fanfare*

:laugh:
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    oooohhh bummer!!!!
  • tesha30
    tesha30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain also! when i make something for myself.. whether its dinner or a snack.. I am usually sharing it with someone. My 1 year old son or my boyfriend always wants to eat what I am eating! No biggy though.. keeps me from eating all of it!

Too bad about the dog! I had one that would not stop begging and he would grab for the food if he got an opportunity to do so! and many times... I would lose tons of food cause he was such a pig,... and this is a chihuahua I am talking about.
  • JustBeckyV
    JustBeckyV Posts: 182
    Options
    Yikes - dang dog anyway! Hope you found something!
  • jac2lyn
    jac2lyn Posts: 90
    Options
    HAHA! My dogs will not do that, well my golden wont, my puppy would if he had the option (hes a boxer and very suspicious)
  • Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Options
    Phoebe's a rescue dog and has some terrible habits - I think it's because she was half-starved when we got her and as a puppy, she never had enough to eat. However she's been a member of our family for five years now and should know by now that she gets top quality dog food twice a day!:laugh: But I guess a bowl of Chappie just isn't as tasty as my home-made tuna salad.:wink:
  • tradle
    tradle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Lol naughty puppy! We have a rescue dog too and she lives for food and attention. Had her 2 years now and she's gorgeous but she still acts like she is starving 24/7. Hope you found something nice for your lunch.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Aww!!! I can sympathize. Though my bird can't get into things like tupperware containers, if I have food on a plate or in a bowl and turn my head for even a few seconds, he's all over it trying to steal food. He just tried to steal about a third of my bread that went with my dinner. Grr!!
  • KerryB1977
    KerryB1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ouch that's harsh!!! She thinks she's helping you on your weight loss journey too. Well hope you can find something to fix that is even tastier.:happy:
  • dvlpup69
    Options
    I know where you at...for me, it is not the dog but three crumb snatchers called child 1, 2 and/or 3 that get my food! Hang in there, I'm sure you will think of something
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    "And Phoebe the dog was looking guilty as she licked her lips.
    Ah well, I hope she enjoyed all 262 calories of it
    Now I need to make another lunch - and there's no tuna left now."

Barbecued Phoebe over rice would be my vote. :devil:

I'm just kidding! :tongue: Good luck on your lunch!
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Every time I think about getting a dog someone comes up with a story like this! hmmmmmm!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    aww sorry! though i can def relate. our one dog, an italian greyhound, can jump rather high, so no leaving things at the edge of the counter. thanks to our other dog's affinity for going through the garbage, we've now implemented a garbage can that locks, in addition to putting a brick at the bottom... even still, she'll grab onto the garbage bag and try her hardest to knock the thing over and get into it.. def no fun to come home to a kitchen full of chewed up napkins, coffee grinds and egg shells! :grumble:
  • clarkecolin
    clarkecolin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I sorry to laugh, but that was just so funny, priceless really. Thats put the biggest smile on my face...thank you.

By the way now that I've stopped laughing I feel sorry that you've to do it all again, but feel good that you've made people smile with that post.

PS I have a dog too, so I know only too well.

Colin.
  • fat_forever
    Options
    Next time put some hot peppers in it.<g> I'd suggest keeping some "Lean Cuisine" or some "Healthy Choices" in the freezer, that way you always have something you can grab and take to work.