Darn you Husband for bringing this home!

Options

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that found it weird that the OP started eating something out of the fridge that her spouse had brought home, without checking with the spouse about the item?

Not at all. In my house if there's something you want that's not yours then ask if you can have it first. If you don't someone or everyone will pay. lol

Wow, only one other person that felt the same way! I'm honestly a little surprised at the total communal-ness of the fridges around here. If it's normal groceries, that I understand. With groceries, I'll let the hubby know specific things that I bought for myself that I'd prefer he not eat.

But if he were to specifically choose to bring something home from a meal out like that, I would never even think to just start eating it without checking with him first. And, in the same respect, if I were to bring something like that home, I would be pretty upset if I opened the fridge to have it and discover it was gone/partially gone.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with how anyone treats their personal fridges, I'm just truly surprised that it's so common for them to be so openly communal.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Great Job Hubby! Cause if you only eat less than 1250 a day you needed that.
  • nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that found it weird that the OP started eating something out of the fridge that her spouse had brought home, without checking with the spouse about the item?

Not at all. In my house if there's something you want that's not yours then ask if you can have it first. If you don't someone or everyone will pay. lol

Wow, only one other person that felt the same way! I'm honestly a little surprised at the total communal-ness of the fridges around here. If it's normal groceries, that I understand. With groceries, I'll let the hubby know specific things that I bought for myself that I'd prefer he not eat.

But if he were to specifically choose to bring something home from a meal out like that, I would never even think to just start eating it without checking with him first. And, in the same respect, if I were to bring something like that home, I would be pretty upset if I opened the fridge to have it and discover it was gone/partially gone.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with how anyone treats their personal fridges, I'm just truly surprised that it's so common for them to be so openly communal.

I've never known anything different personally. I grew up in a home where it was like that & it's the same way my own family is. To me checking with my DH before touching his food would be strange.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Great Job Hubby! Cause if you only eat less than 1250 a day you needed that.

Well that's what this website has me on in order to lose 2 pounds a week. So check with them lol!
  • catrionaprovan
    catrionaprovan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Admire your self control, i would have only checked calories after it was all gone
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Admire your self control, i would have only checked calories after it was all gone

LOL thank you, I have very little self control. I think if I checked calories in thing a lot more often then it would improve that.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    1,500 calories...for a slice of cheesecake? One slice? How big is that thing? It must be the size of my face.

Honestly, if I lived in the States I would eventually end up resembling a human parade float.

Highly palatable food + ridiculous portion size + highly calorific + relatively inexpensive + easily available = recipe for obesity
  • MarlinWil
    MarlinWil Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I had a quick read through the first and 3rd pages of this thread. Made me smile! Absolutely not sure (lazy me) if anyone else has commented on this fact, but Good Lord, Woman, you are so attractive (says the married girl from Australia in a very non-sexual way!!). It is clear that you take very good care of your body, and you have been gifted with extraordinarily good genes.

I also smiled at the mental picture of you quickly replacing the wicked temptation back in the fridge. From the look of you, those calories are going to disappear pretty quickly and not do any lasting damage, though.

I applaud you for making great choices, and for your laid-back and humorous outlook. Reading your comments, you seem very real, relaxed and grounded. Good luck to you, and thank you for making me laugh at the end of my day.

Wil

PS - I'd love to know what was happening when your picture was taken! You have a look on your face that says the photographer was being cheeky, and snapped a quick pic of your response. Hope that is not out of line to say. If it is, then I stand firmly behind my reputation as a cheeky, outspoken Aussie Sheila (we just can't help ourselves!).
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    1,500 calories...for a slice of cheesecake? One slice? How big is that thing? It must be the size of my face.

Honestly, if I lived in the States I would eventually end up resembling a human parade float.

That's what I thought. I've never tried Red Velvet cake but I heard it's so good. Still, I doubt that's worth the calories for one slice, however giant it may be.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Oh wow I always check for calories before I eat the stuff my husband brings home. And yeah I haven't touched a slice of cheesecake since I started (even though we've been to cheesecake factory and everyone but me ordered dessert). As much as I like it, it's so not worth it!
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options

No, but then I figured one could just smear some on the dog's face and blame it on them.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    I had a quick read through the first and 3rd pages of this thread. Made me smile! Absolutely not sure (lazy me) if anyone else has commented on this fact, but Good Lord, Woman, you are so attractive (says the married girl from Australia in a very non-sexual way!!). It is clear that you take very good care of your body, and you have been gifted with extraordinarily good genes.

I also smiled at the mental picture of you quickly replacing the wicked temptation back in the fridge. From the look of you, those calories are going to disappear pretty quickly and not do any lasting damage, though.

I applaud you for making great choices, and for your laid-back and humorous outlook. Reading your comments, you seem very real, relaxed and grounded. Good luck to you, and thank you for making me laugh at the end of my day.

Wil

PS - I'd love to know what was happening when your picture was taken! You have a look on your face that says the photographer was being cheeky, and snapped a quick pic of your response. Hope that is not out of line to say. If it is, then I stand firmly behind my reputation as a cheeky, outspoken Aussie Sheila (we just can't help ourselves!).

Thank you so, so much! You seriously made my morning! You are too sweet! This pic was taken when I was just riding around chatting with a friend :wink:
  • nyla2120
    Options

No, but then I figured one could just smear some on the dog's face and blame it on them.

I sadly don't own a dog (wish I did, but time doesn't allow for one) I do have a cat, I wonder if I could blame her.....
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    My daughter brought home ben and jerrys ice cream pint.. It sat in the freezer for a week.
    I opened it ate a little.. I did this daily until just the empty carton was in the freezer.. She went
    to eat it and blamed my wife. I just laughed and told her the truth. No will power thats why I never buy it.
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Options

That's what I thought. I've never tried Red Velvet cake but I heard it's so good. Still, I doubt that's worth the calories for one slice, however giant it may be.

Yeah. I had cheesecake the other day. There was plenty of it and one slice was about 380 calories.

We certainly have nothing to boast about in the UK (and me in particular!), but the food in the US sounds incredibly calorific. Is it all because of portion size?
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Last night I had an Omaha steak cheese steak slice thawed out for my snack. Then my wife after being sick for a couple of days said she was finally hungry so I gave her the cheese cake and I ate an apple. I do not know if I deserve a pat on the head or a kick in the butt. Maybe I have been counting cals too long:sad:

Gah---self control dude!!!! Omaha Steaks are devine. That's awesome. *high fives* looking at your weight loss, you deserve those high fives!!
  • nyla2120
    Options
    My daughter brought home ben and jerrys ice cream pint.. It sat in the freezer for a week.
    I opened it ate a little.. I did this daily until just the empty carton was in the freezer.. She went
    to eat it and blamed my wife. I just laughed and told her the truth. No will power thats why I never buy it.

Willpower is my biggest issue. I have no problem what so ever getting to the gym early every morning & killing my workouts. But, then someone offers me a slice of pizza & I am like Yes please!!! I'm constantly stalling my progress buy giving into temptation & I'm pretty disappointed in myself. I am struggling to work on this. I try my best to keep junk out of the house, but between my DH & 7 year old there are constantly temptations around.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options

Highly palatable food + ridiculous portion size + highly calorific + relatively inexpensive + easily available = recipe for obesity

^^^^^ *THIS* In every American city, town, community....

(Edited to add: We got toppled by Mexico....but that's not to say we are getting fit....at all....by any means....)
  • nyla2120
    Options

Maybe, Cheesecake Factory portions are more than generous!

Yeah. I had cheesecake the other day. There was plenty of it and one slice was about 380 calories.

We certainly have nothing to boast about in the UK (and me in particular!), but the food in the US sounds incredibly calorific. Is it all because of portion size?
  • toyota
    toyota Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My husband does this too, he is not very supportive when it comes to me watching what I eat. His favorite thing he does that get on my nerves is pop some popcorn. The smell of that popcorn smells up the whole house for awhile, and that is one smell that makes you want some. He eats microwave butter popcorn almost every night. I comment to him that maybe he don't need to eat all that popcorn with his high blood pressure but he don't worry about it.